Throwdown

"I wanna pit these kids against one another," Sue said as Autumn, Quinn, Santana, and Brittany sat in her office. "Am I clear? Quinn, update. Go."

"The minority students don't feel like they're being heard," the blonde informed.

"Chink in the armor, huh?" the cheer coach asked, an idea forming in her mind. "I am going to create an environment that is so toxic no one will want to be a part of that club. Like the time I sold my house to a nice, young couple and I salted the earth in the backyard so that nothing living could grow there for a hundred years."

"But, why?" Autumn asked, furrowing her brows as she exchanged a confused look with Quinn.

"Because they tried to get me to pay their closing costs. Now get the hell out of my office."

The four friends got up and left Sue's office, all parting in different directions down the hallway. Autumn went to her locker to get a sip from her water bottle. As she rummaged around in her bag, she found the diet pills that April Rhodes had given her. She bit her lip for a moment and glanced around the hallway. She spotted a trash can at the end of the hall and walked over to it, throwing the pills away so she wouldn't be tempted to relapse again.

"Can we talk?"

Autumn turned in the direction of the voice and saw Puck, who was sweaty from that morning's football practice.

"Sure," the brunette said. "What's up?"

"I heard a rumor that you and Rachel are having secret make out sessions," said Puck. "And there's also one that you're gay. I'm not mad. I just want to know if it's true."

"I'm not cheating on you with Rachel," Autumn reassured. "And as for that rumor about my sexuality... it's not entirely false. I don't think I'm totally gay, but I am a little? I don't know. I'm just really confused."

"I get that," the mohawk boy shrugged. "It's all just part of the phase. You'll get over it."

This fucking idiot. It's not a phase.

"Yeah, totally," the brunette forced a smile and leaned up to kiss her boyfriend, frowning internally as she realized his lips weren't as soft and comforting as Rachel's.

The bell rang, and Puck gave her one last kiss goodbye before they went down different ends of the hallway to go to their first period classes.

****

Rachel was switching out her books at her locker and when she closed it she came face to face with Jacob Ben Israel, who was smirking at her.

"The independent polling company in my Dockers has determined you're the hottest girl in this school," said Jacob.

"Ew," Rachel cringed, rolling her eyes as she turned to head to her next class.

"Have you been reading my blog?" the Jewish boy asked as he followed the diva down the hall.

"Of course not. You're a gossipmonger and your blog is nothing but trash and lies, many about me as well as another about Autumn. I hope you know how much pain you caused her by posting that photo."

"Well, you'll be happy to know that the one I'm working on right now has nothing to do with your rumored lust for Ms. Graham. It's about Quinn Fabray. Word on the street is that she's in trouble. I also have it on good authority that Autumn is the niece of Mr. Schuester's wife, making him her uncle."

"Only by marriage," Rachel corrected. "What is it gonna take for you not to run those stories?"

"Well..."

****

Autumn sat between Puck and Quinn, her head resting on the football player's shoulder as Sue flipped a coin, which landed on heads.