Season Two Epilogue: Begin Again

The New Directions had lost nationals, but Autumn didn't care. She was home, and she was learning how to see herself the way that her friends and family see her.

So much had happened in the last year, and it finally seemed like things were beginning to get back to normal. She still had days where she found herself falling back into old, unhealthy habits, but she was strong enough to tell that voice 'no' and give her body what it needed to survive.

She had been surprised when she received a text from Rachel saying to meet her at the Lima Bean. They hadn't talked since the last day of school, and she didn't know what it was that she wanted to talk about that couldn't have been done over text.

She parked her car outside of the cafe, taking a deep breath as she looked at her reflection in the rearview mirror. She unbuckled and got out, the hot, June air filling her lungs with refreshing oxygen.

Autumn walked into the cafe expecting Rachel to be late, only for her to already be there. The diva waved her over to where she was sitting with their coffee, handing one of the cups over to the other girl.

"So, what's up?" Autumn asked as sat down and took a sip of her latte.

"Um, well, I've been doing a lot of thinking lately," Rachel admitted. "And what I realized is that..." She took a deep breath. "I...I don't want to be with anyone else."

Autumn choked on her coffee, green eyes wide as she looked at her former lover. "W-What?"

"I really, really love you, and nothing will stop me from loving you. Not Finn, not Jesse, and not even Barbra herself, and that says a lot."

"Aw, you'd pick me over Barbra?" Autumn asked, a small smile spreading across her lips.

"Don't get too cocky," Rachel chuckled.

"Oh, I can't, I don't have one."

Now it was Rachel's turn to choke on her coffee as she burst out laughing, something that Autumn had found strange since no one's ever laughed at her jokes before.

They continued to talk for a while, that old familiar feeling of a spark flying between them. Autumn had spent the last eight months of her life thinking that all love ever does is break, and burn, and end.

But that Wednesday in the cafe, she watched it begin again.

a/n - season two is officially over! it took fucking forever, and i'm sorry it took a while to update sometimes. but i'm slowly begining to get motivation for this book again, and i'm hopefully gonna update it more often!