Wheels

Mornings were always kind of hectic, but with three hyper younger brothers, mornings for Autumn was like working in a circus. She had yet to pull her hair into a high pony as her time was being occupied by chasing Shiloah, Simon, and Stevie around the house, trying to get them ready for the school day.

"Stevie, what happened to you being the good child?" Autumn sighed as she grabbed his arm and pulled him away from the cookie jar. "Go brush your teeth."

"No," Stevie said, yanking his arm away from his sister and stealing a cookie before running back upstairs, Autumn following close behind.

"Stevie– Shiloah, no!" Autumn ran into the bathroom, where her brother was sitting on the counter playing with her curling iron, which was plugged in. She quickly took it away from him and unplugged it. "Shiloah, are you crazy? You could've burned yourself."

"I wanna curl my hair and be like you, though," the redhead pouted as Autumn sighed.

"You have to have hair to curl, silly," the brunette teased, ruffling her brother's short hair. "Where's Simon?"

"Attack!"

Autumn felt cold water spray the back of her Cheerios uniform, and she instantly knew it was her third brother. She turned around and the boy smiled devilishly. He pulled the trigger on the water gun and sprayed her again.

"Simon!" Autumn scolded, reaching for the toy. "You know what Mom said about using that in the house. Give it to me."

"No!" Simon protested, pulling the trigger again.

"Alright, that's it!" Autumn yelled. She yanked the toy out of Simon's hands and pulled Shiloah off the counter. "I'm done playing nice. Go get ready for school!"

"Serious voice," Shiloah whispered to his brother, who's eyes were wide as he nodded in agreement.

"Now," Autumn said through gritted teeth, glaring at the younger boys, who ran out of the bathroom and back to their bedroom. "Stevie! That means you too!"

Autumn sighed and ran a hand through her hair, sweaty from chasing her brothers around all morning. She hated when she had to raise her voice at them, but lately it seemed like the only way they'd listen.

Autumn grabbed her hair brush and brushed through her brunette locks before pulling it into a high ponytail. She plugged her curling iron back in and curled the ends. She then used some hairspray to hold the look and tightened the ponytail.

She left the bathroom and went back to her room to collect her things. She put her pom-poms in her bag and headed downstairs. She went into the kitchen and took a granola bar from the pantry to eat after that morning's Cheerios practice. Autumn then went to the front door, where the Terror Trio was standing in a straight line with innocent smiles, their schoolbags in hand.

"Are you guys ready to go?" Autumn asked.

"Yes," they said in unison, making the older girl chuckle softly.

Autumn took her car keys out of her backpack pocket and they left the house. She had to admit, even if they drove her absolutely insane, she did love her brothers. They got into the car and she turned on the radio, knowing that her brothers loved their sing-along car rides to school just as much as she did.

****

"All right, guys," Mr. Schue said as he came into the choir room and started to pass out sheet music. "We're doing a new number for sectionals. I know that pop songs have sort of been our signature pieces, but I did a little research on past winners, and it turns out that the judges like songs that are more accessible. Stuff they know. Uh, standards, Broadway."