Rumors

Autumn frowned, furrowing her brows as she overheard a conversation between Sam and Rachel at the blonde boy's locker. She looked over at them out of the corner of her eye, quickly looking away when Sam's gaze met hers.

She took a deep breath, closing her eyes to calm her racing mind. She tightened her high-pony before switching out her textbooks. She closed her locker, hugging her physics book close to her chest as she made her way down the hall.

Although it was great to finally be back home, she wouldn't deny that she was having trouble falling back into the swing of things. She had missed out on so much while she was away, and she didn't quite feel like she fit in with the friends she used to get along great with. They had all these memories and inside jokes, and even though they tried to include her, she always ended up feeling left out.

Voices caught her attention, and she stopped right outside the door of the astronomy classroom, watching curiously as Juniper and Quinn argued about something.

Ever since the Latina transferred, she and the HBIC had been at each other's throats. Why that was, no one knew. Quinn loved to tease her and get under her skin, and Juniper wasn't afraid to attack her with her words and witty comebacks.

But Juniper was all bark and no bite. She was a huge softy, but she would never let Quinn know that.

"Just admit it, half-pint," the blonde said through gritted teeth.

"Admit what?" Juniper scoffed. "That you're a bitch? Cause I think everyone already knew that."

"Admit that you're jealous of me."

"Me? Jealous of you? You're fucking delusional."

"I know you are, but what am I?" Quinn smirked, cocking a brow.

"Wow, that's such a great comeback," Juniper chuckled sarcastically. "What are we, 6? Did you learn that one while picking on kids during recess?"

"Oh, you know what?" Quinn gasped, raising a finger up, her smirk widening when Juniper clenched her jaw and glared up at her. "Your favorite game."

"Don't you dare fucking touch me," the brunette spat.

"I'm not touching you," the older girl smirked as she circled her pointer finger in front of the shorter girl's face.

"I'm serious, Fabray!" Juniper whined, pushing her hand away. "Don't touch me."

"I'm not touching you," Quinn shrugged innocently. "If I was touching you, I'd do this."

She roughly pushed her back against the wall, her hands planted firmly on her shoulders to hold her in place, their faces just inches apart.

Juniper's breath hitched in her throat, her eyes widening in surprise as she looked up at the taller girl, who also seemed to be a little caught off guard by the distance.

Knowing she had probably seen too much, Autumn continued making her way down the hall as the bell rang loudly overhead.

****

"What the hell is this, dude?!" Finn snapped as he stormed into the choir room. "'What blondie former cheerleader is having a secret Moonlight Motel rendezvous with another big-lipped blondie?'"

"Where does it say that?" Sam frowned.

"Right on the front page of the school newspaper!"

"The tea is spilling," Juniper said as she sipped her coffee.

"Shut up, Juniper," Finn scoffed.

"Don't make me fight you."

"You don't seriously believe this, do you?" Quinn asked Finn, guiltily glancing at Juniper out of the corner of her eye.