Vitamin D

Autumn took a deep breath and walked through the front doors of McKinley High, keeping her head held high and avoiding the eyes on her. She walked up to where Puck was at his locker and put her hand on the back of his neck, pulling him down for a kiss.

"Good morning to you too," the mohawk boy smirked when they pulled away. "What was that for?"

"Just to put certain morons at this school in their place," said Autumn. "It's not important, though. Come on. We have an early morning Glee Club meeting."

Puck took Autumn's hand and the pair headed to the choir room. When they walked in, Rachel's eyes immediately fell on the couple, her heart dropping when the cheerleader didn't even look at her. She just tightened her hold on Puck's hand and joined the rest of the popular kids in the club.

"Competition," Mr. Schue said, turning around to the class after putting some pictures up on the board. "Every one of these people or elements was a champion in their own right, but they used competing with each other to make themselves even better."

"I don't understand how lighting is in competition with an above ground swimming pool," Kurt mumbled confusedly.

"Just go with it. You guys have become complacent. You were great at the invitational, but you gotta up your game if you wanna get through sectionals. Okay, split up. Guys on the left side, girls on the right side. Let's go. Come on."

Puck placed a quick kiss on Autumn's cheek before moving over to the boy's side. The brunette moved to the girl's side and stood next to Quinn.

"Uh, Kurt." Mr. Schue nodded to the other side of the room. "Boys team."

The brunette boy rolled his eyes and moved over to the boy's side.

"Here's the deal," the teacher began. "Two teams. Boys versus girls. One week from today, you will each perform a mash-up of your choice."

"What's a mash-up?" Puck asked.

"A mash-up is when you take two songs and mash them together to make an even richer explosion of musical expression," Mr. Schue explained. "Boys will perform on Tuesday. Girls the next day. I want you guys to go all out, okay? Costumes, choreography. Whoever wins the competition gets to choose the number that we do for sectionals."

"Wait," Rachel said, holding up her hand. "Who's gonna be the judge? Your gender makes you biased."

"Ah, there is going to be a celebrity judge," said Mr. Schue.

"W-who?" Tina asked.

"You're gonna have to show up to find out."

"We got this in the bag," Mercedes said as the group of girls headed to the door.

"Totally," Rachel agreed. "I'm gonna start storyboarding our choreography tonight."

****

After a meeting with all the Glee girls except Autumn, Rachel decided to go find the cheerleader and see if she couldn't convince her to come back. She knew that she was probably the last person Autumn wanted to talk to, but she knew she had to try.

After looking around for a little while, Rachel finally found Autumn in the back of the library reading Pride and Prejudice.

"I haven't seen you at Glee rehearsals," Rachel said, timidly sitting down next to Autumn, who looked up at her with hurt green eyes.

"You're not the one who was outed to the whole school," Autumn said coldly. "You're not the one who got a note in her locker saying that 'God could save me.' I'm still trying to figure everything out, and I'm terrified, Rachel. And you just had to go and kiss me out of nowhere."