Dance With Somebody

Autumn awkwardly looked between Rachel and Mercedes, her lips tugging downwards as the two continued to argue about who The Bodyguard was originally written for.

"It was written for Diana Ross," Mercedes insisted.

"No, Mercedes, you are wrong," Rachel scoffed. "The Bodyguard was originally written for Barbra Streisand. C'mon, Auttie, back me up here."

"Leave me out of this," Autumn said, raising her hands in surrender.

"Actually, Rachel, it was supposed to be Diana Ross," Mr. Schue corrected the diva as he walked into the choir room and intruded in on the conversation that he wasn't invited to be a part of. "And Steve McQueen back in the 70s."

"Thank you Mr. Schue." Mercedes sent Rachel a dirty look.

"I've been doing some research to prepare for this week's lesson." The man wrote Whitney on the board, and Bailey frowned.

"Once again, this isn't the lesson that we agreed on," she said.

"Why can't we ever do Miss Bailey's lessons?" Juniper frowned.

"I'd rather do my mom's lessons than his any day," Ava grumbled, and Maya nodded in agreement.

"How are they co-coaches if he never listens to what she has to say?" the older twin asked.

"This is a dictatorship," Naomi declared.

"Preach," the twins said in unison, snapping their fingers.

"Oh, my God, yes!" Rachel gasped when she saw what Mr. Schue had written on the board. "It's about time we did a Whitney tribute!"

"Are we sure that's appropriate?" Sam frowned.

"You did not just ask that!" Mercedes gasped.

"That's exactly what I said when you uncultured swines asked who Lauren Jauregui was," Naomi mumbled. She leaned her head onto Sugar's shoulder, sighing sadly.

"It's okay, baby," Sugar whispered. "I know who she is."

"Thank you for being educated." Naomi smiled softly up at her girlfriend, who grinned and quickly kissed her lips.

"I just mean, didn't Whitney kind of have a lot of problems?" Sam asked.

"She had a hard life, Sam," Mercedes said. "And?"

"Look, this week isn't about passing judgment on Whitney," Mr. Schue said. "It's about celebrating her legacy, honoring her memory. Her accomplishments."

"Which I will happily list for you," Kurt smiled.

"I also want you guys to use her songs to get underneath your own feelings," Mr. Schue said as he sat down on a stool. "To express and explore what's really going on with you."

"I don't get it," Autumn frowned, furrowing her brows. "What's going on with us, exactly?"

"Well, for most of you, these next few weeks will be your last here at McKinley."

"No!" Naomi cried, bursting into tears. She stood up and went over to Autumn, hugging her tightly. "Auttie, don't leave me! I-I can't lose you."

"It's gonna be okay, sweetie." Autumn blinked back tears and hugged her sister tightly.

"You made my baby cry, you bitch," Sugar spat, glaring at Mr. Schue.

"Sanny," Ava whined. She got up and went to the back row where Santana was sitting. The Latina pulled her into her lap and hugged her close. "Tana, I don't want you to leave."