Acafellas

Autumn wanted no one to know her secret. Not the one about her thinking she could possibly play for the other team, but the one about her family. Her mother, Kendra Del Monico, had her way before she met her husband, Phil Giardi. Her father never wanted anything to do with her mother after she found out she was pregnant. It turns out that most guys don't want the responsibility of caring for a child when they're barely 17 years old.

Which brings us around full circle back to Autumn. Daughter of Kendra Giardi and niece to Terri Schuester, making Mr. Schue her uncle by marriage.

So now, here she sat, bored to death at a dinner her mother forced her to go to at her aunt's house. Autumn picked around at the small plate of hamburger casserole in front of her, taking tiny bites every now and then, not wanting to gain weight and be put on Cheerios probation.

"Autumn, eat," Terri whispered harshly to her. "You need to make up for all the calories you burn in Cheerios. We don't want you face planting at practice. Or even worse, a competition."

Autumn sighed and took a bigger bite, forcing a smile in her aunt's direction.

"When did you start cooking, Terri?" Will's mom – Edna – asked.

"Oh, it's just hamburger casserole," said Terri. "Look out for bones."

Autumn's eyes widened as she picked up her napkin, pressing it to her mouth and spitting out the bite she was chewing.

"I'm sorry," Will said, speaking up. "I uh, I can't hold it in any longer. Um... Mom, Dad... Terri's pregnant."

"What?!" Autumn asked, choking on her water and turning to her aunt. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"I thought your mom did," said Terri.

"No. She didn't tell me anything!"

"It's a boy," said Will.

"Our first grandbaby!" Edna exclaimed.

"Oh, that's fantastic," Will's dad – Joseph – said as he hugged Terri.

"Thank you," Terri smiled at the man before turning to Will. "Sweetheart? Honey. I thought we weren't gonna tell anybody yet."

"Your secret is safe with me," said Joseph. "I spent six months in the Hanoi Hilton. Never said a word. Am I right, doodle?"

"That's right," Edna confirmed.

"Yeah, we're gonna turn the craft room into the nursery," said Terri.

"Show me!" Edna gasped.

"Okay. Auttie, do you want to see too?"

"No that's okay, Aunt Terri," Autumn said as she stood up. "Santana just pulled up to the parking lot. I'm spending the night at her place. But thanks for dinner. It was amazing. And congratulations on your baby boy."

"Thank you, dear," Terri smiled.

"See you later, Mr. Schue," the brunette said, sending a tight lipped smile to her teacher before grabbing her Cheerios jacket and leaving the apartment.

****

Autumn found herself practically sleepwalking as she mindlessly moved to the beat of her uncle's counting as they went over choreography.

"Psst." Santana nudged her. "What's going on with you?" she asked in a whisper.

"I just have a lot on my mind," Autumn whispered. "It's nothing."

"It doesn't seem like nothing. You were totally out of it at Cheerios practice."

"Could we stop please?" Rachel asked, getting everyone's attention.