chap 23

"ARE YOU CRAZY!!?? HE IS RIMURU-SAMA!! IS YOUR MASTER!!! WHY DO YOU WANT TO KILL HIM!!??" – Benimaru cries.

"WE KNOW!!!"

Diablo without hesitation, rushes to Testarossa, every blow is full of killing intents. On another side of the field, Carrera and Ultima are exchanging blows with Benimaru's group.

------

Zegion float toward Rimuru, face to face with him.

"I've come for you...

...activate... <World of Illusion>" – This is an attack from his Ultimate skill, <Lord of Illusion Mephisto>. How laughable it is when he has to use it on his beloved Master...

Dark mist starts surrounding them...

"ZEGION!!!" – Diablo yelled his name.

"IF YOU PUT A FINGER ON HIM, I'LL KILL YOU!!!!!"

Zegion ignored him, only focusing on his Master...

Seeing Rimuru sometimes holding his head screaming, sometimes tells him to do it...

Zegion looks up at the dark sky... it's too late... his tears pour out, falling on his lip... bitterly. Zegion then looks at Rimuru, mumbling:

"you won't be alone... I'll follow you soon."

On his hand appear a black sword, activating <space manipulation>, he rushes at Rimuru. Rimuru's body takes his sword out automatically, activating Uriel to block Zegion's attack.

The loud sound of two Ultimate skills colliding with each other rang through the air, the two of them back down, then rush at each other again. Zegion uses <space manipulation> to dodge Rimuru's slash, swing his sword toward him, and cut his face, but Rimuru like doesn't feel it, sends a blow at him. Rimuru is really strong, Zegion has to stop thinking about saving Rimuru, or else he will surely die.

Inside Rimuru's soul, Ciel is using full of her capacity to find a piece of consciousness in him, she cries:

[RIMURU! GET YOUR CONSCIOUS BACK NOW!!! YOU FORGOT WHAT YOU PROMISED!!? YOU SAID YOU LOVE THEM... AND NOW SEE WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO THEM!!! THEY ARE FIGHTING BECAUSE OF YOU!!! YOU WANT TO PULL ZEGION AND THE 3 PRIMORDIALS TO THEIR DEATH??! YOU WANT TO LEAVE VELDORA AND EVERYONE BACK??!!

WHAT DID YOU PROMISE??? NOW YOU WANT TO SWALLOW YOUR WORDS?? IF YOU DON'T GET BACK THEN EVERYONE WILL DIE!! RIMURU!!!!]

------

In an unknown space, Rimuru is floating half-conscious, he closes his eyes, drowning deeper and deeper into the darkness... someone is calling him, he wants to see who is it but couldn't, his whole body feels heavier and heavier... so tired... I want sleep...

[RIMURU! GET YOUR CONSCIOUS BACK NOW!!!]

Who? Who is calling me?...

[YOU FORGOT WHAT YOU PROMISED!!?]

What did I forget?...

[THEY ARE FIGHTING BECAUSE OF YOU!!!]

Who?...

[YOU WANT TO PULL ZEGION AND THE 3 PRIMORDIALS TO THEIR DEATH??!]

Who is Zegion?... what are Primordials?... I don't remember...

[YOU WANT TO LEAVE VELDORA AND EVERYONE BACK??!!]

Veldora... why it sounds familiar?... the other too...

Leave... leave who?...

[IF YOU DON'T GET BACK THEN EVERYONE WILL DIE!! RIMURU!!!!]

Die?... why do they have to die?... my heart hurt... die?... who will die?... I don't want to hear this word... it makes him hurt...

Who's this voice owner... please save me...

I know this voice... it sounds... familiar... very familiar... and very important... who?...

Memories start flashing through his mind... there was someone who accompanied him from the beginning... they help him whenever he needs... always stays by his side... saved him from danger... easy to get mad with him, and also very hard to calm... only when with them, he could be himself... he must remember who are they...

( inside '' are the words he remembered)

'Report, you want to put yourself in danger again!?

Report, the emotion named anger does not exist.

Report, suggest answering like this.

Report, you've finished your works

Report... Report... Report' (for some reason I couldn't hold my laugh while translating this part :< )

'Ciel... welcome to our family'

Rimuru immediately opens his eyes.

Right... Ciel... it's Ciel, I remembered... it's Ciel... it was her who called me, I have to meet her... before it's too late...

Rimuru wants to get out but a black whirlwind catches him, pulling him deeper into the darkness...

"No!!! Ciel is waiting for me... they are waiting for me! I have to get out of here... have to meet them again!!!"

The whirlwind keep pulling him down, Rimuru keeps resisting, but it wouldn't let him go... when his hope is nearly gone... a hand suddenly reaches through the dark mist, following it is a bright, colorful light, he catches the hand, trying to hold his last hope, then a voice echoes through the infinite dark:

[finally... I've found you... Rimuru...

Let's go home... everyone is waiting...]