chap 9 (rewritten)

"Hai, our front lines have finished their task, claim our first victory, the others are doing good progress, the victory is in our hands... but..." Benimaru pauses nervously.

"Hm? It's there something wrong?" Rimuru looks at him.

"... they still have their trump card. Maybe that's the reason why they haven't taken their move although their number has decreased."

[Report, analysis shows that it might be a True dragon.] - Raphael spoke to confirm Rimuru's doubt.

Must be Velgrynd...

"I'll take care of it, Benimaru, you will be the commander and take care of other stuff! Any objection!?" Rimuru looks at everyone in this room.

"Hai!" - they said in unison.

"If no one objects then all dismiss, get back to your work.

------

[Question, what will you do to win against a True Dragon?] - Raphael asks.

The True dragons seem to be the strongest existence in this world, defeating them is such a dream. Raphael is really confused with Rimuru's assertion...

"... Is you, Raphael! Heh... heh..." - Rimuru answers brightly.

[...]... She froze.

"haha... don't worry, I've just found out something really interesting, Raphael-chan~" - Rimuru smiles evilly leaving Raphael with a thousand question marks hanging in her mind.

After strolling around for a while, Raphael suddenly speaks up:

[Question, you won't do anything stupid?]

He stops dead after hearing her question but recovers right after: "I won't. Do I look like someone who will put himself in danger?"

[LIKELY!!!]

Her idiot Master could really do something dangerous without telling her. Only fools believe in you!

"..." Rimuru is speechless. Do you really need to be that honest??!

"I'm not that bad~ you're not believing in your Master~, aren't you?" - He tried to defend himself, talking jokingly with her.

I'm sorry, Raphael. This will be the last time I lied to you...

------

At Ramiris's maze...

"Rimuru! Finally, you're back! Where have you been all these days!?" - Ramiris's flying around him, asking none stop.

Really noisy...

"Leave it aside, is everything okay? Is there anything happened to the maze?" - Rimuru's voice stop Ramiris.

"Of course it's fine, this is my maze after all!!"

Seeing the Queen of Spirit showing off proudly, he is assured to leave his friends living in her labyrinth.

"I'll go seeing the guardians, want to accompany me?"

"Why not? They're meeting on the 100th floor with Veldora!"

The people Rimuru's talking about are the monsters that swore their loyalty to him and now become the guardians of the maze.

------

Sitting inside the room, everyone looks at Veldora. Ramiris and Rimuru whisper to each other. Veldora and Ramiris seem like they are having some arguments, while Rimuru just sits there between them with a speechless expression. After a long time, they finally decided to stop. Ramiris speak up first:

"e-hem... as you all know, the Empire is heading toward us, following that is a huge problem: this annoying's sister- Velgrynd..."

"Oi! Whom did you call ANNOYING??!"

"Don't cut me you noisy lizard!!!

"E-hem... let's continue, the Scorch Dragon will likely attack this labyrinth to pull Veldora out, we'll need to find a way to distance her from it."

After she finished, everyone look up at Veldora.

"oi oi, why are you all looking at me!? ... don't... don't tell me that you're going to use me as a shield??!"

Veldora screams horrified, he wants to cling to Rimuru to ask for his help. But to his unexpected, Rimuru dodged making his face slam into the wall.

"Oi Rimuru! You're really gonna use me as a shield???!" - Veldora stands up, shouting.

"Why not?" Rimuru smiles evilly, answering him without hesitation.

Veldora step back, horrified, using an unbelievable voice to speak:

"You... You all are so cruel!"