chap 20 (rewritten)

"Ne Raphael, I still need 1 more day to recover, right?"

[...]

Again?

"Hahaha, you are more and more like a human, Raphael-chan~"

[...]

She is mad... what should I do now?

Raphael suddenly speaks up while he is still finding a way to make up with her:

[What did you tell with Zegion and the Primordials?]

I knew you will ask it... Rimuru lowered his voice and mumbled:

"not yet, when the time came I'll tell you... all right?"

[When?!] - Raphael's voice rang in his head loudly...

...But he only replies to her with a low voice...

"Soon, very soon..."

------

Tonight, Rimuru wants to go sightseeing again, to admire everything in Tempest, he wants to see every street, every road, and every house... wants to take all of them in his memories...

Kurobe's smithy is still bright with flickering flames, he is focusing on repairing the weapons for our army... every time the swings the hammer down, the sounds echo loudly... he, him and the Dwarves used to dit together, talking about weapons... but soon they can't do it together anymore... Rimuru looks at him for a while then leaves...

He makes his way to where the Dragonewts live. They are now sleeping, some even snore loudly, and some even murmur Gabiru-sama. Rimuru... trying to hold his laugh, at their first met, he even thought they have some problems with their heads, who can imagine those idiots have become brave warriors under him... maybe they will fully grow after this war end... he wants to see them like that...

Seems like Souie and his team are still working, and he doesn't want to disturb them so he just quietly leaves... walking aimlessly on the streets, some houses are still awake... over there is Commander Benimaru's house, he is cleaning his katana's blade, Shuna sitting next to him, knitting a scarf... the scene is very peaceful, now she is really careful, like a mother... remembering Benimaru's face whenever he gets scolded by Shuna, he felt very entertained.

He then walks toward the Council hall, inside a window, Diablo, Shion, and Rigur are doing some paperwork, Shion is abnormally hard-working! So rare, Rimuru used to see his scandalous secretary, so now seeing a whole new Shion, he is impressed. The messes Milim and Shion made always give Rigur headaches, she also argues a lot with Diablo about who is the best secretary, so now seeing the three of them working together makes him wonder. He can't meet them now, after admiring this rare scene for a while, Rimuru quietly left.

A few more hours til dawn... he goes into the labyrinth's 100th floor, and quietly opens a small door, there is Veldora, sleeping with a manga on his face, Ramiris is snoring loudly from the nearby table, they've been working very hard... Thank you... he quietly put a blanket on Veldora then turn around and leaves.

Everyone, good night...

Rimuru does not return to his house but heads toward the hill, the cold night wind hitting him, Rimuru stands on the cliff, admiring Tempest. This is the country he built from nothing. He remembers, from the time he met Veldora, helping the Goblins, taming the direwolves, visiting Dwargon, fighting the Orges, killing Orc Disaster, Demon Lord evolution, beating Clayman... a lot has happened... he loves the life here, loves his citizens... to the point he ready to sacrifice his life...

Thank you... for bringing them into my life...

------

This chap is short because this is the start of the war