chap 35

Rimuru hugs the three of them, they cried really hard and now sleeping in his embrace. He carefully puts them on the bed and pulls a blanket on them.

It's late now...

Rimuru heads to the Council Hall, his memories lead him to Diablo's room... he doesn't know why... but his soul tells him to see him first...

He slowly opens the door. The room is very dark and cold... Diablo's sitting next to a pill of paper, signing one by one. Even in this dark, he can still see it... Diablo is in a terrible state... he is very emaciated, his blank eyes only looking down at the paper...

Rimuru walks behind Diablo and gently hugs him from behind.

The sudden warmth makes Diablo freeze, Rimuru seeing him not react, slowly whispers to his ear:

"Diablo... I've returned..."

Diablo still doesn't react... after a while... he laughs, bitterly:

"Finally... finally you come into my dream...

I thought you really hate me... not even let me dream about you..."

"I... I didn't mean that..." – Rimuru answers with a low voice.

"You lie again... you've fooled me... many times... I don't dare to believe you anymore...

You said you'll protect everyone... but the one who is lying lifelessly on the bed is you...

You said you'll live happily with everyone... but the one who suffered most is you...

You said you'll stay with us forever... but now you don't even let me meet you in my dream...

Rimuru-sama... what am I for you?...

A fool that you can play with his feelings?"

Rimuru is shaking uncontrollably, his tears wetting Diablo's shirt, his words stuck in his throat, he tightens his hug... he has done too many bad things to Diablo...

"Don't hug me that tight... if it continues like this, I will not want to go back... but I have to... I have to wait for my Master to return...

But at least you didn't abandon me... letting me dream about you... at least... you don't hate me that much... that's enough..."

"DIABLO!!!" – Rimuru couldn't hold back anymore, he yells at him.

He moves in front of Diablo, kisses on his forehead.

Diablo got caught off guard, only sits still. Rimuru speaks with a shakingly voice:

"Diablo... this is not a dream... I'm back... I'm back for real... I'm not lying this time..."

Rimuru choked, tears falling down Diablo's face. He slowly opens his arms, hugging the figure he misses for so long... This is not a dream... he can feel his Master's warmth...

"This is not a dream... really not a dream... Rimuru-sama... you're awake... I can finally touch you..."

Diablo tightens his hug, just like wanting to be one with him.

Rimuru can feel it... the warm and wet thing on his cloth... Diablo cries...

Rimuru left to fight Veldrynd... he didn't cry...

The moment Rimuru fell onto the bloody ground... he didn't cry...

Because at that moment, he was 'dead'... no emotion could be found in him anymore...

But now... Rimuru has returned... his light... his god has returned.

All of the suffering he felt now bursting out of him. He hugs Rimuru, cries like a child.

"7 years... you've been sleeping for 7 years... the days without you just like hell... I couldn't understand why I'm still alive... how many times I want to follow you... but I still convince myself that someday, you'll return... 7 years passing like that..."

"I'm sorry, Diablo... I'm sorry..." – Rimuru can only apologize to him. He owes him... owes this country 7 years.

"Diablo... don't be afraid... I'm here now... I won't go again... I won't fool you again...

So... so... you are not alone anymore... this Rimuru, is back..."

Diablo just crying in his embrace... this is the most peaceful moment in his life.

------

Next to the opened door, Testarossa, Ultima and Carrera quietly leave. They head to the top of the hill, the cold wind blowing their hair, they stand here for a long time... finally, Testarossa speaks:

"It's not a dream... nor an illusion... right?..."

"...um... it was not our imagination..." – Carrera replies with a shaky tone...

"He has returned... he has returned for real... our god... our light has returned..." – Ultima continues them, her eyes start getting wet.

The dawn has finally come, dispel the darkness that has been covering this place for years, sunlight shining on every part of the capital, shining the path to happiness.

Now their god has returned