chap 36

Morning...

Diablo is resting his head on Rimuru's lap, sleeping peacefully, his arms clinging to Rimuru's waist. Rimuru just smiles, gently caressing his hair... just like last time...the only difference is his feeling, last time is regretted, worried and feared... but now... all of them has gone...

Diablo slowly wakes up... Rimuru gently smiles at him:

"Awake?"

Diablo keeps looking at him, Rimuru couldn't help but chuckle:

"Diablo... is me... the real Rimuru... this is not a dream."

Diablo's eyes get teary, he immediately hugs him.

"Hai... you're back... not a dream... finally..."

Even if this is a dream, he doesn't want to wake up anymore...

"Oi Diablo... get away from, you don't want to let others meet him?!"

The voice comes from one of the three Primordials, they are standing next to the left-open door. Rimuru pushes Diablo away, then stands up and approaches them. They smile, open their arms.

"Finally, you've returned... my Master..."

"Um... you've worked hard..."

After a while, Testarossa breaks their hug:

"Ah, right... I've just seen Veldora-sama, Milim-sama and Ramiris-sama running in panic... they are looking for you, right?"

"Ah... so they have woken up?...

Then please tell them and the others to come to the meeting room... I want to see them..."

"Hai! Then we'll take our leave." – they bow to him and then leave.

"We should go now, Diablo!" – Rimuru turns around, only to see Diablo sitting at the corner of the room, poking at a book on the floor.

Hearing Rimuru calling him, he looks up and replies:

"Rimuru-sama, you go first, I still have some works to do, I'll catch up later."

Rimuru nods and closes the door, leaving Diablo alone in this room.

Diablo walks toward the table, carefully opens a secret drawer, taking out a silver knife. He approaches the mirror, pulling the hand of his shirt up. If Rimuru is still here, he will cry seeing the scene.

Diablo's arm is covered in hundreds of shallow and deep scars, the newer on the older. Diablo doesn't care about them, he holds the knife tightly, cuts a deep one on his arm. Blood pours out like rain out, dyeing his shirt red. The pain spreads around his body. Diablo can finally relax:

"Not a dream... he has returned..."

This is the way he used to keep his sharp during the time Rimuru was sleeping.... Whenever the thought of following him enters his mind, he will cut his arm, the pain will remind him... remind him to wait for his Master to return.

But this will be the last time he does it because he doesn't have to wait anymore... because Rimuru has returned.

"heal" – the scars disappear, his magic healed all of them. This secret will never be known...

------

In the meeting room...

Rimuru and the Primordials are waiting for the others...

Testarossa suddenly startles:

"Ehh... I forgot to tell them about you, I only that there is some important thing I want to say..."

Rimuru is out of words...

He sighs... maybe making them surprised is not a bad thing...

After a while, the door slowly opens revealing a tall man covered in black amour – Zegion.

Testarossa told him that after that day, Zegion became quieter and quieter, Rimuru wonders if he continues sleeping, will Zegion become a mute person...

At that moment when Zegion looks at the big chair at the end of the room, he froze, his giant figure blocks the door. The people behind can't see what's going on inside, starting to ask him. Benimaru speaks:

"what's wrong, Zegion?"

Zegion just stands still.

Benimaru confused, tiptoes to see what makes him like that...

The result? He, too, froze in place. Seeing the two tallest people blocking the way, Shion starts getting impatient, she pushes them aside to look inside... now great, the three of them just stand there, blocking the door.

And the one who is responsible for all of this is sitting on the biggest chair trying to hold his laugh.

Shuna frowns:

"What's wrong with you guys?"

"..." silence.

Rimuru seeing them like that, can barely hold his laugh, waving at them:

"come here, you idiot!"

Zegion automatically steps forward, the others follow.

Now is Souie, Hakuro, Geld and Adalman stop dead...

Rimuru just gently repeats his words.

Things keep repeating like that... a group sits down follows by another group freezing at the door. It took a quite long time for all of them to settle at their sits.

The room falls into silence... everyone is too shocked to say a word.

Rimuru looks at all of them, speaks:

"You guys have had a hard time..."

They finally back to reality... it's Rimuru-sama, he is standing in front of us... it has been 7 years since the last they saw his smile.

Their eyes get teary, trying as hard as possible to not cry in front of Rimuru, they smile brightly, they don't want their tears to fall on this special day – because today is the day of their 7 years, the years full of sorrow end, the day their smile can finally bloom on their face again.

Suddenly, Milim, Veldora and Ramiris burst through the door, calling Rimuru's name in panic.

Benimaru then points at a startled Rimuru.

They immediately rush at him, the room becomes very noisy...

(original author's note: wonder why this chapter is happy?

Because I don't dare to write sad story again, scare to death now)

------

On that day, the whole world was shocked by the news...

DEMON LORD RIMURU HAS RETURNED!!!

The witnesses told that it was the most glorious scene they'd ever seen:

Thousands live of Tempest, even the monsters living deep in the Jura Forest, all kneel, looking in the same direction – the capital of the Monster's Nation, where their Lord returned from his slumber, they all kneel and greet the Chaos Creator, Rimuru Tempest.

~~~ The End ~~~