chap 34

"How could you forget?..."

Suddenly, a human figure appears in front of him, a figure of beauty. Long, silver-bluish look like silk, golden eyes like can see through everything, the beauty of an angel.

"How could you forget them like that?..." – the figure looks at him and asks again.

"Who are they?... I can't remember... what should I do!!" – Satoru cries, his tears falling down wet the blanket.

"They are very important people to us...

The people that we mustn't lose..." – the figure comes closer to him.

"u- us?..." – Satoru doesn't understand.

"Um... us... you and me..." – the figure answers with a smile.

"Who are you?... please, let me know!... please..."

The figure hugs him tightly, their warm voice ringing in his ear:

"I am you... you are me. We are the Master of Tempest, we have important things to protect... we are Rimuru Tempest... and they are waiting for us...

So... remember it..."

The room suddenly disappears, they are surrounded by darkness, the figure slowly melts, merging with Satoru. His head hurts, the memories flashing through his mind... the war with The Empire, Veldora, Diablo,... everyone,...

Ciel...

His tears poured out like a river... Satoru remembered... changing back to Rimuru Tempest... I must return... they are waiting...

Rimuru runs in the dark, he couldn't stop, he must meet them, he doesn't want to stop, even a minute, a second.... He has tripped over himself many times, but he kept standing up and running again... he runs... runs... runs...

He saw it...

LIGHT!!!

At the end of the dark path, there is a single light ray... and a girl standing there... she reaches her hands toward him, her warm voice rings in the air:

[welcom back... Rimuru.]

She is the one who has accompanied him from the start, the one who told him that she will always be with him...

[I'm always waiting for you...]

Rimuru rushes toward her, hugging the figure he missed so much. He hugs her with all of his strength... the feelings he held inside him burst out...

Rimuru choked, tears running down his cheeks, his shaky voice rings in the air:

"sorry... for making you wait..."

Ciel quivers... her teary eyes just want to let all of her emotions out, her small arms tighten their hug.

[why it takes you so long... I've been standing here... waiting for you... feared that you will never return...]

Rimuru, too, tightens his hug:

"Silly... how could I leave you back alone... we've promised, right?... always be with each other..."

Ciel couldn't stop her tears from falling... she choked, buries her face in his embrace, and answers him with happiness:

[never leaving each other... forever...]

------

Sunlight shines on the room Rimuru is lying in, he flinches, a single tear rolls down his beautiful face. His soul has returned to him... Ciel, too, has come back inside him.

He slowly sits up and looks around.

This is the bedroom in his house. He stands up, walks toward the window, and opens it. The wind gently blows his hair.

CRACK!

The door slowly opens, revealing 3 figures.

Rimuru slowly turns around, smiles at them:

"I'm back... Veldora... Milim... Ramiris..."

Tap tap!

The three of them froze, their tears unconsciously pouring out...

Milim slowly walks forward, reaching her shaky hands to his face, but then back down in fear... her deep voice rings:

"if I touch you... you'll vanish like always?... no... even if it's just a dream... at least I could admire you... I won't touch you... so, please... please stay here for a bit longer... only for a bit..."

Rimuru's eyes get teary, he slowly grabs her hands, pulls them toward his face.

"Milim... it's not a dream... I'm back... I'm right here... in front of you.

The four of us will go and play like we used to...

We will eat honey, read Manga...

You guys keep making trouble... and I'll handle the rest...

We will eat Shuna's biscuit, listening to her scold...

Exploring the world...

Doing everything together...

Because... I'm home..."

Veldora and Ramiris immediately realize... this is not a dream... nor an illusion... the Rimuru they know is standing there. All of them pull him in a big hug... their tears like a river pulling all worries, sadness, and loneliness away. From this day, their smiles can finally bloom on their faces again, because their light has returned from his seemingly endless sleep...