chap 12 (rewritten)

They remain silent

No sound could be heard around them, the sky has already turned yellow.

Rimuru tiredly lie down next to him, couldn't stand this awkward situation, he starts to explain:

"There's nothing big, a few days more my body will recover, and I didn't feel the pain anymore!"

"..." - silent...

Veins popping on his forehead, Rimuru really want to yell at this wood log, but seeing his painful expression, he couldn't open his mouth.

"Haizzz...

...Zegion... I want some honey."

"..."

Rimuru knows that his reason is really dumb, but he has to talk with this log to break this awkward silence, of course, Zegion didn't follow...

"..." - silent remain silent...

This damn!!!

Getting ignored by Zegion, Rimuru stops hesitating, stands up, and yells:

"Then I'll just leave! And also, do NOT talk this shit to anyone!!!"

He turns around after finishing.

"...because we are too weak?" - Zegion finally releases his golden voice.

Rimuru stops dead at the 4th step.

"...that must be the reason..." - Zegion muttered while still dazing...

Rimuru clicks his tough then turns back and sits down next to him, clearly annoyed. He doesn't want to just leave him alone.

Zegion keeps muttering to himself:

"All of Tempestian and I train hard every day to get stronger to protect you, want to see you happy... but all of them just for nothing?"

"...no, it's not like that, Zegion."

"our powers only bring suffer to you..."

"It is not..."

"We are really worthless..."

"I TOLD YOU THAT IT IS NOT, YOU IDIOT!!!!!"

Rimuru is angered, he really hates it when they are depressed, they are his family, they always have a place in his heart, and he will never allow them to lower themselves like that.

"Zegion, you hear me out, it's because I don't want to be a burden."

"YOU ARE NOT A BURDEN! You are the god that we chose to follow, you gave us a new life, you protected us, and you will never be a burden!"

"And you all are my family, I want to protect all of you!"

Rimuru is really tired of him, too loyal.

"But then our way to protect you brought more suffering... then what is the point in having this power... I am not worthy with your blessed..."

These words just like a fire, ignite the bomb in his heart, the people that he is proud of are pissing him off.

Rimuru slowly stands up from his position, and says coldly to Zegion:

"Zegion, I, under the name Rimuru Tempest, order you... LOOK UP!"

"..." Zegion sits still.

"I SAY IT THE SECOND TIME... LOOK UP!"

He just sat there like a log.

Rimuru's aura leaked out...

"Not obeying me anymore hmm?... GOOD THEN..."

"IF DON'T WANT TO OBEY THEN I'LL CUT <soul corridor>, YOU DON'T NEED TO FOLLOW ME ANYMORE!"

Rimuru's words are very simple but it's like thunder striking next to Zegion's ears...

He immediately looks up, Master want to abandon me??!. An empty feeling starts to grow inside him. Horrified, Zegion begged him tremblingly:

"Please... Rimuru-sama, please don't do it...

no... I'm sorry... please... anything except that cruel thing!"

"Do it, Raphael!" - Rimuru ignored him, coldly ordering Raphael.

[Report, cut the <soul corridor> with the individual named Zegion for the time being.]

Raphael knows what her Master is planning, he wants Zegion to be absolutely obeyed, to the point that if he orders him to end his Master's life, Zegion will do it without hesitation.

His soul aching, their bind has gone. A bloodline pours out of Rimuru's mouth. He knows that cutting the <soul corridor> during this time is really bad for his body, he has to. He needs to change Zegion.

"YOU ARE NOW FREE, ZEGION!!!"