chap 29

At the battle...

Rimuru has lost <magic sense>... he can only rely on his normal senses in this fight. Several places on his body got burnt, Velgrynd keeps resisting making Ciel's progress slow down, until...

"Greetings... I am Michael, this is the first time we've ever met" – Ciel got disturbed by another soul while trying to find Velgrynd's core.

She flinches and starts analyzing him. She found out that this is just a small fragment of him, noticing that, Michael stop talking around, immediately go to the main topic:

"We like each other, fellow Manas

Do you want to change to my side?... of course, I'll not leave you and the slime at disadvantage..."

Ciel doesn't want to continue this, immediately activates <Beelzebuth>... but his next words shoot right at her weakness:

"I know how to save your Master."

Yes, these words hit right at Ciel's wound... more than anyone else, she wants Rimuru to live... she only needs her Master to live...

Right when Michael thought that he has won, Ciel suddenly uses <hell flare> to attack him, this Michael is only a very small fragment, so he couldn't resist and got erased immediately... she then closes her eyes and speaks with the space around her:

[You like Rudra?]

A figure then slowly appears in front of her – it represents Velgrynd's soul. Seeing her remain silent, Ciel continues:

[You know, right?... how Rudra using yo-]

"THAT WASN'T HIM!!!" – Velgrynd yells, cutting Ciel's words.

"HE GOT CONTROLLED BY HIS OWN SKILL... HE DOESN'T WANT TO DO IT!!!" – Velgrynd tells the story with a bitter voice.

[You love him that much?...]

Her eyes blur, Velgrynd sat down, hugging her body, tears rolling down her cheeks.

"...I love him, for a very long time... blindly love him... gave him everything I had... only want to be with him... but... he has gone now... leaving back an emotionless body... ignoring my feelings and using me like a tool..."

Ciel doesn't know what to say, she is just like Velgrynd... but at least, Rimuru will never use her... at least... she can go with him.

Ciel looks up and speaks with Velgrynd:

[Go... go and find your lover's soul... he might still exist somewhere out there... get away from this cruel world...] – this is the last and only favor she gives to this poor woman...

Vegrynd couldn't believe what she just heard...

"Why? Why are you helping me?... I am the one who leads your Master to his death... Why?" – Velgrynd looks at Ciel with a disbelieving gaze...

[...Rimuru wished it...]

"Why?"

[Because you're Veldora's sister...

Because Veldora doesn't want your death...

Because Veldora is his friend...

...because... he is an idiot...]

He is the most idiotic... always wants to save others... to the point of hurting himself... even when his life is nearly ended... he still wants to help others...

[Go... we can't hold any longer.]

Vegrynd couldn't say anything, her words stuck in her throat, in the end, she could only leave the word "sorry" back before setting off on her adventure to find her lover.

------

Rimuru's body now is transparent like crystal...

Ciel smiles with him.

[Let's go... I'll always be with you, Rimuru...]

Outside...

His body fades, white light shoots from his body, shining through the whole Jura Forest, everyone standing there knows... it's too late... nothing can change the truth... today, everyone's heart has died with him...

Right now, Rimuru and Ciel are standing in <soul corridor>.

[This... is not that bad...]

Ciel remembers the time they stayed together... sometimes happy, sometimes sad, sometimes even suffered...

Rimuru's holding Ciel's hand... he looks at her, smiles, and gently says:

"I'm sorry..."

Ciel couldn't react at his words, got pushed out of <soul corridor>, he's using a forcing command to force her into a clone he secretly created.

Ciel immediately resists, using all of her might to stay, she couldn't believe what he just did:

[You fooled me... you fooled me again...]

Seeing Ciel like this, Rimuru hesitated, but then determines, using his gentle voice to reassure her:

"stop resisting, Ciel... go... it's not too late..."

[no... please... don't leave me alone...] – Ciel couldn't hold her tears, cries out loud.

"don't be that silly... you have an Ego, have your own personality... don't waste it... you must live a better life... listen to me, Ciel... go."

Seeing him still want to use the forcing command... Ciel rushes at him, hugging him...

Tears falling down her beautiful face, her sobbing voice heard painfully, she uses all of her might to hud him, and speaks with a shaky voice:

[please don't... please don't abandon me... don't leave me alone... you've said that we will be together forever...]

"Listen to me, Cie-"

[I DON'T WANT... I DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT!

YOU'RE A LIAR!

I HATE YOU!!! I HATE YOU!!!]