chap 26

Inside <World of Illusion>, 'Rimuru's moves are getting slower, with Ciel's help, Rimuru is slowly regaining his consciousness, Zegion who just saw the light of hope, holds his power back enough to not harm Rimuru but still makes sure to give 'Rimuru' a harsh time... right at the moment Ciel found Rimuru's last piece of consciousness, 'Rimuru' scream:

"NO! DON'T YOU DARE TAKE HIM OUT!!! HE MUST BECOME ONE WITH THE DARKNESS!!!"

'Rimuru' madly rushes toward Zegion, but his attack lost its sharpness, Zegion then uses a barrier to trap him.

"HE IS NOT YOURS! HE IS THE SOUL OF TEMPEST!! LET HIM RETURN TO WHERE HE BELONGS!!!"

[I've found you... Rimuru

Let's go home... everyone is waiting...]

A light pillar from the sky shoot through Rimuru's body.

"AGRHHHHHH!!! I DON'T WANT TO DIE! THIS BODY MUST BE MINE!!!"

Rimuru got covered in the light, 'Rimuru's voice echoes through the air then dies down. The dark mist-covered Rimuru soon starts to vanish...

The light dies down, Rimuru soon appears in everyone's sight, his silver-bluish hair blows in the wind, he then lifelessly falls down

Zegion panicky catches him, carefully carries him in his arms. Inside him, the strange voice again rings.

[Completed reconstruction of Rimuru's body, he has evolved into a subspecies of the dragon family...

You've done great, Zegion.]

You did it, Rimuru-sama... you finally did it... finally, you are back with us...

------

"um..." – his eyes slowly open, beautiful like a small butterfly.

"Rimuru-sama! You're awake! Do you feel unwell anywhere?!"

"Zegion?... I'm okay... help me sit up..."

"Hai!" – Zegion carefully helps him, Rimuru looks closely at Zegion... his body's covered in wounds...

"it was me?..." – Rimuru stares at them...

Around him were only some small cuts that will heal soon, but he is different, some wounds are still bleeding...

"the Primordials got injured badly, right?..."

"There is nothing im-" – Zegion is about to say they are okay, but Rimuru cut him.

"Zegion... tell me the truth."

The surrounding falls into an awkward silence, Zrgion couldn't see what his Master's feelings, just slowly tells him:

"They stayed back to stop Benimaru's group, Carrera and Ultima got injured quite bad... but the worst one is Testarossa... she has faced a crazy Diablo alone, to the point that she nearly lost her life..."

"That must be harsh for all of you..." – Rimuru quietly answers while looking at the ground like has decided something.

"hey, Zegion... help me send them my apologies, okay?..." Rimuru smiles brightly with Zegion. With him... this is the most beautiful thing he has ever seen in his life.

Zegion is dazed, at the time he is back in the reality, Rimuru is not in his sight anymore.

Rimuru leaves <World of Illusion>, he brings his gentle eyes toward Tempest's army, toward the capital – where his citizens live.

Benimaru's group just relaxed a little bit when they saw their Master is still alive... but they notice something.

Why he looks... regretted?

Rimuru looks toward each one of them... finally, his eyes stop at Diablo.

The moment Diablo looks into his eyes, he froze. He knows what those eyes mean...

"Please... don't do it..." – Diablo shakes his head panicky.

Rimuru opens his mouth saying something... the world seems to stop at his words...

"I'm going now... I'll leave the rest for you..."

The moment Benimaru gets what they mean, Rimuru has already set up a barrier between himself and them then turns around, facing Velgrynd who is slowly escaping Ciel's trap.

"RIMURU-SAMA!!! PLEASE TURN BACK!!! YOU WILL DIE!!! YOU CAN'T DO IT!!!!"

Benimaru insanely attacks the barrier, continues to shout his name... but Rimuru ignores him, his figure turning smaller and smaller.

Diablo couldn't do anything, the images in his nightmare keeps flashing in his head, the same as now... his Master left him alone, he said he wants to go first... he vanished right in front of him. Diablo's eyes start blurring, darkness slowly covering his sight – slowly covering his half-dead heart...

You fooled me... Rimuru-sama... you fooled me... you said you will stay with me forever... you fooled me...

------

nothing special today, just want to listen to some music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FskL-2jrgF0