chap 33

On that day, everyone close to Rimuru receives a letter from him...

'Testarossa, help Rigurd in managing Tempest...'

'Carrera, remember to not use your magic carelessly...'

'stop fighting with Carrera, Ultima...'

'Zegion, you don't have to take all of Veldora's work...'

'Benimaru, stop being a hothead...'

'Shion, stop arguing with Diablo'

'Shuna, look after them for me...'

'I'll leave you the task of protecting Ramiris, Beretta...'

'Apito and Kurama, don't glare at each other like that...

'Aldaman...'

'Geld...'

'Gabiru...'

------

He has written them himself and sent them to their houses right before the battle, they are full of his love, emotions, and tasks for them. All of his feelings were in each word he wrote down. He knew that he didn't have much time left, could only write them down.

Nobody can fall asleep this night... darkness is slowly withering their hearts.

------

Diablo has stayed in that room for over a week, he just sat there, watching his Master. He even banished Shuna when she asked to look after Rimuru.

A month has passed... there is no sight of him waking up. Diablo is still sitting there, waiting...

2 months passed by... Rimuru hasn't woken up yet. The Tempestians have to hold themselves back and continue their work, they want this country to be the most prosperous one when he returns.

3 months passed... under the presence of the 3 Primordials, Diablo got forced to leave that room... he must do his work.

4 months passed... Rimuru is still the same, lifelessly lying on the bed... Guy sometimes visits him.

5 months passed... Rimuru still hasn't woken up... the news about the King of the Monster Nation is in comma has spread throughout the world. There are some greedy kings out there who planned an attack on Tempest but got threatened by Benimaru, and now they remain silent.

Sometimes Luminous and Hinata pay a visit, but he is still in his slumber.

------

REEEENNNNNGGG!!! REEEENNNNNGGG!!!

The sound of the alarm clock ringing in his room, Mikami Satoru slowly opens his eyes, looking aimlessly in the air. He just got a strange dream, something about reincarnation, then another world.... But he couldn't remember the details.

Putting it aside, he slowly gets up, readying himself for a new day. On the way to his workplace, there are a lot of people hastily walking on the pavement, the scene is very peaceful. Suddenly, an image of a lively town flashed through his mind. Satoru decides to ignore it and continues his path...

"Mikami, give me those papers!"

"Here!"

Today just like every day, he finishes his work and then returns home.

"Hah... so tired!" – he lies on the sofa, reaches his hand to the nearby Manga. This one is really enjoyable, he unconsciously calls:

"Veldora! Look at this one!"

"..." – but the room remains silent.

Satoru questions himself: "Who is Veldora?"

He doesn't know this man... no matter how hard he tried, he couldn't think of anyone with this name. Satoru sat there for another while, then decides to ignore it, he is now hungry, walking toward the kitchen...

"Shit! I accidentally put too much salt!!!...

But fine I guess... at least it's still better than Shion's food..."

He froze in place... Shion?

Who is Shion?

------

Lately, Satoru couldn't focus on anything, he keeps unconsciously calling names that he doesn't know.

"Mikami! Hurry up!!!"

"A! right!! I'm on it!!!" – he snapped out of his thought, turns his focus on the work.

------

[I'll always be with you...]

Wakes up at midnight, a single tear rolls down his cheek. He doesn't know who is this voice owner, doesn't know why his heart hurts like this. The room felt abnormally empty...

Inside his head, voices keep echoing none stop:

"I'm hungry... make some fried chips for me hurry!..."

"Rimuru, I'm noting pushing the work to Beretta!..."

"Master, this is the honey for this month..."

"Rimuru-sama, are you not doing your work again?..."

"Let me cook something for you..."

"I'll take care of them..."

"Rimuru-sama..."

"Stop it, who are you?!..." – Satoru covering his head in pain.

"I always wait for your return... Rimuru-sama..."

"Who is Rimuru?! Who are you?!... I don't remember..."

Satoru cries, he couldn't remember...his heart's telling him that they are very important... but he doesn't know them... his chest hurts, he can't breathe...