chap 28

"I can't keep up with Velgrynd anymore..."

Rimuru lies next to Veldora, looks up at the sky with a smile, gently replies:

"Silly... how can we lose... behind us are thousands innocent lives... if we lose then who will protect them?..."

"Then tell me... what will we do now, Rimuru? You've already had something in your mind, right?" – Veldora sits up, looking at Rimuru.

"Ah... of course... who do you think I am..." – Rimuru sits up with him and smiles brightly.

"Then... what it is?" – Veldora gazing at him, waiting for his answer.

But Rimuru just slowly stands up, focusing his gazes on Velgrynd who is roaring not far away.

"Ne Veldora... you don't want Veldrynd to die, right?

Then I'll help you...

The things you don't want to do... I'll do for you...

The burdens you can't take... I'll take all of them..."

Veldora starts to get nervous, he immediately catches Rimuru's hand, speaks with a shaking voice:

"Rimuru... what are you planning...?!"

Rimuru just smiles and gently pushes his hand away... he then pulls Veldora's face toward him... their foreheads touch with each other... he whispers to him:

"Because you are my friend... the first one this world gave me...

There is one thing I want to tell you...

Thank you... for has come into my life... thank you...

Tell Milim and Ramiris... I was very happy when with you, having all of you with me is the luckiest thing in this life... and... I'm sorry because we will never meet again... and remember... I love you all..."

"Is... is this a joke?... then it's not funny at all... stop joking..."

Rimuru pushes Veldora away, he smiles with him... but tears keep falling down from his eyes.

He then turns around, Ciel, through <soul corridor>, yelling at Veldora:

[VELDORA!!! STOP HIM!!! PLEASE STOP HIM!!! HE WILL DIE!!! HE WANTS TO DEVOUR VELDRYND TO SAVE HER FROM RUDRA'S DOMINATION!!! HE WILL DIE!!! PLEASE!!! STOP HIM!!!]

Ciel is crying louder than ever, she's now begging – begs for someone to stop, her tears pouring out none stop.

"Rimuru... return... let's return... return to our home... you said that we will be together til the end... you've promised... you said that you love us... then return... don't go there..." – Veldora trying to convince him

But Rimuru just ignores him, keeps walking toward the crimson-red dragon... Veldora falls onto his knees...

For him, Rimuru is the light that guides his dark and ignorant life. Veldora used to be an idiot battle maniac... but... after meeting Rimuru, his boring and lonely life is full of fun, the dark road he used to walk on now is colorful...

The first friend he made in his life...

Now, the closest person to him is walking to their death and he can only watch. Veldora looks at his figure walking away, leaving him back in this long, hurtful life.

------

Rimuru again faces Velgrynd...

He tells Ciel:

"Ne Ciel... we've met for a really long time... seems this is the first time I've ever told you... thank you for accompanying me all this time... you are the best partner I've ever had, things would be worse if you weren't here... when I lost control over my body, I heard your voice... thank you, for saving me...

So, Ciel... accompany me til the end... okay?"

[...no matter where you go, I'm always with you...]

Things have gotten to this point, nothing can save them now... but at least, Ciel can go with him to the end... she doesn't regret her choice.

"Let's do this together..." – Rimuru gently speaks.

[hai, together...] – Ciel replies with a small smile.

RAMP!!!

Velgrynd finally broke out of the trap, she immediately rushes at Rimuru, but...

Rimuru again changes into his slime form, his body covering Velgrynd... he can't feel anything more.

------

At the City of Forgotten Dragon...

CRASH!!!

The teacup Milim's holding falls on the ground, broken to pieces...

Tears falling from one eye, Milim looks aimlessly in the air... Frey whom Rimuru asked to look after Milm, heard the sound, she immediately comes. Seeing Milim's current state, Frey panic:

"Milim! Milim!! What's wrong with you??! Don't scare me like that!!! Are you feeling unwell???"

Milim replies shakingly:

"Unwell? Nowhere is well... chest hurts... my heart even more hurts..."

Milim lifelessly stands up... slowly leaves, still mumbling:

"Rimuru... where is Rimuru? Where are you?! Come here, please... my heart hurts..."

Milim like a broken doll, keeps calling Rimuru's name. Listen to her instinct, she then immediately flies toward Tempest

------