chap 24

Back at the time before Rimuru wakes up...

Zegion and Rimuru are fighting. The colors black and blue keep colliding with each other, the shock waves are so big that they even affect outside the <Word of illusion> - this is the battle between the strongest!

Outside, the battlefield isn't less chaotic than inside, the Primordials are fighting with Diablo and Benimaru's group, still indecisive. Velgrynd is still stuck in Ciel's trap, the Empire only has Rudra, Yuuki, and some commanders, but he is still calmly watching the battles.

Inside <World of illusion>, Rimuru and Zegion are using full of their power, both are injured badly and slowly drained, they are preparing for another attack, then suddenly, Rimuru's weak voice ring inside Zegion:

"Ze... gi... on,... it's painful,... kill me hurry... please..." – this is the last piece of consciousness of him before gets lost inside the dark.

Zegion panicky calling him:

"RIMURU-SAMA!!! DON'T GIVE UP YET!!! YOU WANT TO BREAK OUR PROMISE??!"

Rimuru's lifeless eyes flash...

Zegion saw it!!! His Master is still there!!!

He heard him!!!

"Ze... gion... my body... has... corroded... only... one more... attack... then... I'll... gone for sure..."

"N-NO!!! RIMURU-SAMA... I can't..."

Zegion shakes his head insanely.

There must be a way to save him... there must be... he has suffered it til now... there must be something I can do... somebody... please tell me... please...

"Zegion!!!" – Rimuru yelled his name in pain... a single tear runs down from his left eye.

He rushes toward Zegion... his consciousness has gone. Rimuru has lost inside the dark...

But Ciel doesn't give up.

[ZEGION!! I FOUND HIS TRACK! BUY SOME TIME FOR ME!!!] – another voice rang inside his head.

Zegion has seen the light of hope... he doesn't care who they are... if they can save his Master... he will do everything for them... even if it cost his life, he will do it without hesitation.

('Rimuru' means dark Rimuru)

But, fighting without hurting him is not an easy task.

In the middle of <World of illusion>, 'Rimuru' is laughing crazily: "WANT TO SAVE THIS FOOL?? THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE!! SOON, I AND HIM WITH MERGE INTO ONE!!!

LET ME TELL YOU ONE THING... I COULD TAKE OVER HIS BODY BECAUSE OF WORRIES IN HIS HEART... WORRIES ABOUT YOUR LIVES!!!

YOU CAN TELL... THAT HE BECOMES LIKE THIS BECAUSE OF ALL OF YOU!!

IF YOU DIDN'T COME INTO HIS LIFE, I WOULD NEVER EXIST! YOUR USELESS LIVES ARE THE THINGS THAT KILLED HIM!!!"

'Rimuru's voice echoed through the field... Benimaru's group couldn't believe what they just heard... their moves get slower and slower then stop... their hearts hurt... his words keep ringing in their ears ... 'HE BECOMES LIKE THIS BECAUSE OF ALL OF YOU!!'... feel like knives stabbing at their hearts...

Because we are all useless, because of us, he becomes like this?

We keep saying that we'll protect him... but why?... why the one should be safe aren't you?

The god that we follow... is dying... because we are too weak?

------

SLAM!!!

The noise of something getting hit hard echoes through the air...

It was Carrera, she punched Benimaru... the scene of him throwing out his blood shows how angered she is, she grabs Benimaru's cloth, yells at his face:

"YOU ALL THROW AWAY THAT SHITTY THOUGHT INSIDE YOUR HEAD NOW!!!

DAMN IT!! USELESS WHAT?! BECAUSE OF YOU??! YOUR LIVES KILLED HIM??!!

WERE YOU ALL MAD??!!

STOP SHOWING THOSE FACES OUT!!

ALL OF YOU!!!"

"We are the reason he suffered..." – Souie quietly replies.

Ultima and Carrera couldn't hold back anymore, they rushed toward the people who has given up their hopes, punch at their faces.

"SHUT UP! ALL OF YOU!!! HE RISKED HIS LIFE SAVING YOU, AND THIS IS THE WAY YOU PAY HIM BACK??!!

YOUR LIVES ARE THE THINGS HE TREASURES... NOW YOU WANT TO THROW THEM AWAY??!!

HE LOVES ALL OF YOU... AND YOU WANT TO STEP ON HIS FEELINGS??!!

THIS IS HOW YOU SHOW YOUR LOVE, YOUR LOYALTY TO HIM??!!"