chap 18 (rewritten)

The rain finally died down after raging for a long time. The dark cloud starts clearing, some light daylight shoots through them to the ground.

Rimuru lying in Zegion's embrace, the corners of his eyes are red and still drenched in tears. He fainted, just like last time with Diablo. Zegion hugs him, like hugging the treasure of his life, Rimuru's temperature is unstable, the whole body's heating up... he just got a cold... this is the first time he got ill in this world...

Zegion, too, can feel how weak his Master is, and immediately takes Rimuru who is still slowly regaining his consciousness inside... thing is getting worse, Zegion doesn't know how to treat the patient, he is going to call Shuna but got stopped by Rimuru:

"No... you mustn't go... Zegion..." - Rimuru breathed heavily, holding Zegion's hand.

Zegion answered in panic: "But..."

"no... don't g-"

Zegion couldn't bear it anymore, he pushes Rimuru's hand away and run

"I'll call Testarossa!!"

Rimuru fell to the floor, lifelessly lying there... So... cold...

Soon after that, both Testarossa, Carrera, and Ultima rush into his room. Seeing Rimuru state, the Primordials, and Zegion screamed:

"MASTER!!!"

------

Rimuru is breathing fast, his body hot like flames, Testarossa sat beside his bed, wiping away his sweat with a handkerchief. She remembered what he told them yesterday when he calmly said that he might die... at that time, she couldn't believe it in her ears, Carrera even laughed and say his joke isn't fun... Ultima was more agitated, she grabbed his shirt, and yelled at him: "What the heck are you saying?!" but he just responded calmly:

"I might die in the next battle..."

Testarossa couldn't keep her face calm anymore. Rimuru continued, and the room fell into silence, they couldn't imagine what they were hearing... Why... why do you want us to kill you? ...no... I don't want it... please... but the only reply they've got was his apology...

Back at present, Testarossa's hand is shaking when touches him, her tears couldn't hold up any more, falling down her beautiful face.

Outside, Ultima leans against the cold wall, hearing Testarossa's sobs, at the corners of her eyes, tears start to gather, and she faces up to the sky to prevent them from falling. Must not cry... Rimuru-sama will only more worry...

Carrera and Zegion are fighting each other in the labyrinth, they use their fits to get rid of their feelings... they are scared that if they don't do something, their mind would be broken.

------

"umm..."

Rimuru slowly opens his eyes, Testarossa immediately wipes her tears, and looks at him in happiness:

"You're awake!! ...we were so worried because you haven't woken up til now!!

Ultima! Carrera! Zegion!! Rimuru-sama is awake!!" - Testarossa called Ultima who is still leaning outside along with the other two. The three of them immediately rush in.

Rimuru sees how red their eyes are, waving his hand, signals them to get near:

They slowly walk toward his bed, Rimuru smile opens his arms, and takes them in his embrace, and they froze in place.

"...don't cry... I'm sorry for making you worried..."

His soft voice and his warmth make their hearts even more hurt, together, they hug their Master's body.

Rimuru gently pats their backs, and softly whispers:

"I'll be all right... I'll try my best to not lose control... I'll live... with all of my citizens... nobody will die... I promise..."

"...you must do it... must control it..." Ultima choked.

"...lets promise..."

"I... promise that I won't let 'darkness' take over me, that I'll live with everyone... but... if I fail..." - Rimuru paused...

Zegion continues: "...we... will kill you ourselves..."

These words like knives stab into their hearts... if he couldn't make it... then they'll have to use the powers and bodies he gave them... to take his life away...

"...lets make this promise... we will trust each other... then everything will be fine..."

You guys can make it...