chap 14 (rewritten)

Diablo's warm voice rang in the air...

"Once upon a time, there was a 'demon' born from the dark, the first thing get into his sight was a dead land, blood smell in the air, the ground dyed with red blood... that 'demon' has no friend, no family, no memory, even the reason he exists, he didn't know..."

Rimuru sits there, listening to the story, he knows whom Diablo is talking about, today he will listen to every little thought, feeling, and emotion inside Diablo. If he wants to tell, Rimuru will listen to all, he wants to become a friend to him... at least this time. Because... he's afraid he won't have another chance to listen to him...

Diablo's warm voice keeps ringing in the air.

"The 'demon' was lonely, he grew up with blood and fights. Fighting to survive. His personality becomes monstrous... he likes blood and underestimates life. Lives in his eyes were just insects that were not worthy to exist... after growing so strong, he become bored... he lived for years but still couldn't die. What is life? What is death? Why does this world exist? He keep asking himself for thousands of years... then one day..."

Diablo pause, then continues with a smile:

"... then one day, a fool human has summoned him, tell him to destroy his enemies...

Can you guess if that 'demon' obeyed?"

"maybe yes?"

"Hai... that 'demon' was so bored that he accepted the deal, he intruded into a human's party to make his move... of course to finish his order... but do you know, Rimuru-sama, at that time that 'demon' has met a masked hero... that destined meeting had changed his boring life... until now he still grateful to meet that hero... because she is the one who led him to his destined..."

Rimuru is surprised, asks nervously:

"...that masked hero... is dead?"

"Hai, she is dead... a peaceful death with a smile... she gave her masked to a monster, the one whom I called, 'destined'. He has been watching him for so long, admiring all of his behavior, waiting for a chance to meet him... finally, the chance came, but it was taken by another demon... at that time the 'demon' only want to tear that demon apart to heal the wound in his heart..."

To this part Rimuru chuckle, and calmly say to Diablo: "I think that 'demon' should be happy about it, if he stole that chance from that demon then he would cry in regret!"

Diablo smile: "Yes, you are right."

Diablo continues:

"... after waiting for so long, that 'demon' finally has another chance, he swore that he wouldn't lose this chance... right after showing up in a magic circle, he has seen him - the most flawless, beautiful ever exist in his life, even when he is tired and in weaken state, it couldn't fade his beauty, the 'demon' got a very simple order at their first met, he was really excited...

After meeting him, his dark life has changed so much. He got a name from him, he is allowed to stay by his side, no one could tell how happy he was, slowly in him existed the word 'life', he swore with his soul that he will give him his loyalty, will protect him, will make him happy for the rest of his life... because he is his light, his whole life...

Diablo talks a lot, like a faithful believer praising his god, Rimuru smiles fadely, listening to his words, the more he listens, the more he understands... understands that he knows nothing about Diablo. This man is flawless... Ah! ... except for his creepy personality, he is perfect in everything...

Thank you, for coming into my life...