Chapter 33 - Fast Hand

AFTER three months of Vester's full recovery from his wounded and fractured leg, Pavlo is totally rejoicing in his inner space. His Vester can now walk like nothing had happened though the scars are still fresh, what matters to him is that the other man is healing without pretentions and all.

Vester is fully back in his ever bubbly self which reminds him that the world is also healing. The younger is also back to the gym like his usual routine and Pavlo is just there to watch him do his workouts most especially in his vacant time.

He's not the type of person who likes to go to this kind of place because for him, he's not that fit to be in there, and working out isn't really for him. He just scrolls on his phone the whole time.

Aside from doing nothing, he also tried some equipment. Unfortunately, he got tired easily or maybe he's just not used to it and his willingness is not cooperating with him at all.

He didn't push it. Inside the gym, he's just a watching hotdog man like what he's been doing today. He's eyeing Vester and is secretly hoping that he will finish on time. Gyms like this make him uncomfortable but if Vester loves going in here, he can dismiss that thought for a while.

Though he doesn't really mind staring at the other man for an hour or two, however, his stomach churns after he tries some of the equipment out of curiosity. Eventually, he felt exhausted for about thirty minutes and he ended up slouching himself into the waiting chair after changing his clothes.

"Agoy, napagod agad ang babie na iyan?" Vester grins at him, lifting a barbell.

He frowned at the grinning man. "Hindi talaga ito ang bagay sa'kin. Bilisan mo na nga riyan. Gutom na gutom na ako."

The younger laughs, purposely biting his lips. "Hindi ba nag-breakfast tayo before tayo pumunta rito?"

He nodded with his doe eyes. "Oo nga... pero dahil sa treadmill, natunaw lahat ng kinain ko. Gutom na agad ako bukod sa masakit ang katawan ko."

"Ang cute mong bata ka. Kung wala lang akong binubuhat, nayakap na kita..." Vester winked but Pavlo never bothered to react to that. Maybe he's too wasted for trying to lift a barbell too.

"Buhat-buhat ka pa niyan eh pwede namang ako na lang ang buhatin mo papuntang kainan. Kahit karendirya o street foods pa 'yan, wala akong pakialam. Feeling ko, magkasing-bigat lang naman kami niyang binubuhat mo," Pavlo said while scrolling through his phone.

He missed how Vester almost drops the barbell as he swallowed. "Anong magkasing-bigat, Nabbe? Ang gaan mo lang kaya buhatin—"

"Bilis na kasi, Vester. Gutom na ako!" Pavlo looks up and he looks like a teary-eyed emoji.

Pavlo's always been so clingy and he keeps on whining at him about random things and whenever he has the chance, he can't keep his hands off him too in front of those pry eyes. Not that he's complaining but his anxiety grows thicker and thicker each day.

"Ito na po, ito na po. Ang needy mo ngayon ah. Sus, gusto mo lang ng presence ko eh," Vester teased. It was supposed to be a joke but the older did confirmed it by nodding twice.

"Eh ano ngayon? Naging busy kaya ako this past few days. Miss na kita tapos sabi mo mag-d-date tayo. Bakit naman sa gym, Tey? This is not my zone!" he complained, sighing sharply.

"So... is this your worst date na?" Vester asked half-heartedly as he finally put down the barbell, and walked over his gym bag to pull his white towel.

He knows his man. He may be quite a handful sometimes and keeps on whining inside the gym, but he's willing to stay until he's done with his gym ritual. Sometimes, Pavlo also helped him but most of the time, the other man was just there in the corner, keeping an eye on him and waiting for him patiently.