Chapter 1 - Delivery

PAVLO'S phone dings. It's an unregistered number but he still opens it since he already has a quick peak on it from his phone's preview. "Good day po. Your parcel is about to be delivered. Please prepare an exact amount of ₱499.50. Thank you."

He's not that excited about the idea of receiving his parcel. It's just some sort of facial skincare as requested by his friends, Keir and Jallen. He huffed, "Kainis! Tamad nga kasi akong mag-skincare, skincare. Isa pa 'tong si Keir eh, akala mo araw-araw ginagawa. Mas inuuna pa nga ang tulog."

He then resumed cleaning the parlor. One thing that he loves doing aside from songwriting, cooking beats, and melodies is cleaning and tidying his little space. He's very meticulous about it and he doesn't want messy rooms and places. He loves cleaning as much as he loves hotdogs and sinigang in one go.

Suddenly his doorbell rang, indicating someone's arrival. He was not expecting anyone but his parcel so he hurriedly dropped his cleaning materials, and proceeded to wash his hands before fast-pacing through the door, afraid to piss the delivery rider for taking too long.

"Tao po! Delivery po!" a man shouted outside.

"Sandali lang. Parating na!" he yelled back, almost tripping from his ragged pace.

He didn't mind fixing his disheveled hair and his dripping sweats since he was just going out for his parcel anyway. "Hi po, Sir. Ito na po—uhm... ah, y-your parcel po."

"Yes, sorry at natagalan. I was doing general cleaning kasi kaya pasensiya ka na talaga." He smiled sheepishly.

He handed the delivery rider the exact amount but to his confusion, his hand was still hanging into the air. He looked at the guy in front of him who seemed so lost at this moment. He never said anything nor moved an inch. He carefully scanned him only to find out that the said guy was also staring back at him.

Unknown to Pavlo, the guy is kind of grateful to have his helmet on to hide his embarrassment. He swears he's not simping. Heck, he's not even basking at Pavlo's face—but who was he kidding? His other side just confirmed that he wouldn't mind admiring that kind of face all day if he only got the chance.

"Sir? Ayos lang po ba kayo?" Pavlo asked worriedly.

For some reason, the delivery rider is speechless. It was the first time he felt that quick yet potent punch of attraction towards a particular stranger. Maybe he's just captivated by Pavlo's enigma and surreal presence. He's enthralled even though the man's blonde and black fusion hair is sticking everywhere, sweats and the earthy musk also traversed to his nostrils. Nevertheless, it didn't stop him from admiring him silently.

He blinked upon noticing that his messy hair in shoulder-length suited him very well, not to mention that subtle mole, perched delicately on the upper corner of his lips, adding an intriguing touch to his already captivating features.

"Sir? Naririnig niyo ba ako?"

And that voice, that rich and raspy voice... who would have thought that he is indeed a man? Pavlo's uncanny blend of masculine and feminine beauty really sets him apart. No doubt, the delivery guy is enticed to him the first time.

"Sir? Naririnig niyo ba ako? Sumagot naman po kayo. Ayos lang po ba kayo? May nararamdaman ba kayong kakaiba? May masakit ba sa inyo?"

This had the delivery rider snapped out from his musing as soon as he heard Pavlo's voice, panicking. When he held his eyes, he almost drowned at the beautiful set of dark brown eyes, screaming with worry. Somehow, he felt guilty for spacing out.

"Y-Yes, sorry. May sinasabi ka po ba?" he said, voice are woobling.

"I'm sorry but are you okay? Do you need anything? Water? Cold or warm? Juice? Coffee? Or baka gutom po kayo. I have left over pa naman kanina. Malinis po iyon. Initin ko lang po." Pavlo cleared his throat as awkwardness gradually eats him up or maybe he's just concerned about how the delivery rider acted before him. He just wished he didn't sound offending in some ways.