Chapter 11 - Sunrise

A FAMILY'S love will always be the most endearing thing in the whole wide world. It might be sappy and cliché but for Pavlo, the love from his family is what keeps him going over and over again. He likes to associate his family with the sunrise—full of hope and so kind when it finally breaks the dimmest of the night; when he's in his darkest, a family's love will serve as his Polaris to guide his way back home.

"Pauwi ka na ba?" Vester's voice from the other line snaps him out of his trance.

"Yes. On the way na. Kakasakay ko lang," he answered.

"Ingat ikaw sa pag-uwi ha?" Vester's lovely voice soothes his eardrums.

"Oo, I will. Break a leg sa dance practice. You're doing great every day," he complimented.

"Yey, thankies so much, crush ko!" Vester squeals, "Paki-kumusta ako sa mga fur babies mo. Paki-tanong na rin kung pwede ba akong maging pangalawa nilang Daddy."

Pavlo can't help to giggle and Vester always finds it cute. "Papasa kang Daddy nila. Don't worry. Sige na. Tapos na ang five minutes break niyo. Back to practice ka na."

"Ay? Naging bossy ulit?" Vester snorted, "Okay. Talk to you later... and Pao?"

Pavlo hummed, "Hmm?"

"Ang cute ng mga kapatid mong babae 'no?" Vester giggles like a child. "Bye for now. Ingat. Aalagaan pa kita."

Before he could even react, Vester ended the call and he paused for a while. He whispered into the air absentmindedly or whether he said it loudly, he cares less. "What does that mean?"

He doesn't remember telling the younger about his siblings but he brushed it off thinking Vester was his stalker and recalling Joseph spilling facts that Vester bought every magazine related to him and has read every article of him featuring his stories just to know more about him.

"Awit!" He shakes his head, snickering as he looks at the sleeping Ponky and Nala in their carrier.

When he stops right in front of his place, he climbs out of the cab, carrying his fur babies, and hastily goes inside his comfort zone—his beloved home. He took Ponky and Nala to the Vet since it was his only free day before he would become busy in his hell week which he is partly happy since being busy means productivity.

He asked his younger sister Ching-Ching to take care of his babies and she willingly squealed, too excited to cuddle with her favorite meows.

"Yey! My babies are home!" She claps her hands, baby talking again as usual.

"Saya natin ah? Pa'no ako? Hindi ka masayang makita ako?" Pavlo asked as he dropped his ass on the carpeted floor. He looks too spent, eyes are weary.

"Pagod na pagod, Kuya Pao?" Ching-Ching observes him. "Of course, masaya akong nandito ka."

"Grabe, nakakapagod. Sana pala nagpasama na lang ako kay Sherryl Ann," he pouted as he plays with Ponky and he let Nala climbs into his lap. "Mas mapapagod pa ako nito next week and next, next week."

His schedule for two weeks is full so he doesn't have time to pet his fur babies. He continued playing with Ponky while her lil sis was busy packing his fur babies' necessities. She'll be back home to Cavite since she just dropped by early in the morning to take the meows with her.

"So? Kuya?" Ching-Ching's tiny voice called him.

"Hmm?" He sat up, Ponky was on his side while Nala was purring in his lap.

She sneered, "When are you going to introduce Kuya Vester to us?"

Pavlo almost chokes out from his spit. "W-What?"