Chapter 36 - Question

VESTER woke up with a severe headache after he drank a lot of beers last night. It's been a week since Keir, Jallen, and Pavlo's dinner date happened and he's mad since Pavlo never told him about Mary. He never knew that the two met again.

The older insisted it's just a coincidence but he's not buying it. If he knows any better, Mary is stalking him or something. She always knows how to get near him. What made him furious was that Pavlo kept his mouth shut. He never said a thing until Keir accidentally spilled it during their night out.

Keir gave the both of them an apologetic stare. He remembered that he walked out from the scene and Pavlo followed him all the way. He cried and cried and they even fought hard. He doesn't want it but he can't help it.

They rarely fight big and if they do, it's not that good to speak about but they both believe that it is part of their relationship's spices. However, their fight at that moment isn't their ordinary fight. Mary is involved. It's Vester's greatest fear.

"Bakit ka naglihim? Akala ko ba, no lies? No secrets? Bakit hindi mo sinabi? Kung hindi pa nadulas si Keir, hindi ko malalaman?" he yells at him, face are soaked with tears.

Pavlo raked his fingers into his hair. "Because it's not important, Vester."

"Vester? Vester na lang ngayon?" he chuckles in between his hiccups.

"Tey naman. It's not a big deal—"

"Anong hindi? Si Mary iyon. Syempre, it's a big deal for me!" he yells once again. "Ano ba naman, Pao! Alam na alam mong selos na selos ako sa kanya!"

"Bakit ka ba nagseselos? Ikaw naman ang mahal ko. Nagdududa ka ba sa akin? Pati ba pagmamahal ko hindi mo na pinagkakatiwalaan nang dahil lang do'n?" Pavlo countered, too fed up from his rants.

"Hindi mo ako masisisi kasi hindi mo sinabi sa akin! Who knows kung anong ginawa ninyo o kung anong pinag-usapan ninyo?" he teared up once again.

"Hindi ko sinabi sa'yo kasi alam kong ganyan ang reaksiyon mo. Mag-iisip ka na naman ng kung ano-ano at masasaktan ka. Sa tingin mo ba, nag-usap kami? I immediately left that night if iyan ang ikakatahimik mo!"

For the very first time, Pavlo has gone so mad. Surely, they fought before but Pavlo never yelled or shouted at him but this time, he did. This made him freeze in his spot as he cried uncontrollably. It pained him to the core.

He doesn't understand. He yells and shouts at Pavlo too but when the older did the same, it smacks him hard or maybe he's not used to it since even when they fight, Pavlo is always been so patient and gentle with him.

"W-Why are you yelling at me?" he asked painfully.

He saw that Pavlo was taken aback and was about to reach for him but he stepped back. "Baby, I'm sorry. Hindi ko sinasadya. Please, bati na tayo. I love you."

Pavlo tried his best to console him and to make it up to him that night but his ego just blocked him out. It's their first fight that they never make out after. Usually, after their conflict, they will end up reflecting on the cause of it and both learn from it. They both say their sorry too for hurting each other but not for the previous fight they had.

Pavlo keeps on calling and he even lets his man wait for hours outside his doorstep. He never talked to him nor let him in. He just cried and cried and drowned himself in his stocked beers.

Pavlo slept on his porch. He found him on the hammock and he just brought the sleeping man a very thick comforter. The man left at five in the morning according to his last message and he hated how cruel he had become to him.