Chapter 39 - Had Enough

DAYS and weeks have passed but Pavlo's side is still silent about the issue. His silence angered Tobi. They ended up fighting over it. Pavlo is firm to keep mum until the fire dies down. The man just wanted his own peace of mind. He let them feast over their malicious claims and gossip.

Pavlo is surely giving his manager tons of headaches. Not that he intended to do that but he wanted to fight for his right too. He believed he had the right to stand for what he thinks what's best for him. If being silent is his only way to tone it down then so be it. For once, he doesn't have to explain his own preferences to anyone.

As of now, he's not really minding his stained name but Vester's. He knows the younger is an overthinking berry so he advised him to stop scrolling and reading online updates. He deactivated all his socials.

Vester, though he felt deprived of using his accounts, couldn't blame Pavlo for that suggestion. It's for his peace of mind too. He knows well how social media has fed him negativity these past few days after the issue boomed.

He had enough of those reckless bashers online as if they knew him so well to throw stones at him like that. He despises them, disgusted even. Although he gets where their frustrations are coming from, what he doesn't understand is how much hatred he got as if he did unspeakable things to them.

All he ever wanted was to love freely but what can he do? He's in love with Pavlo. He couldn't blame the culture and their beliefs but it doesn't mean that he's not hurting anymore. In fact, he didn't choose to be what he is now. It came to him unexpectedly. He tried suppressing it but it eventually became unstoppable later on.

He sighs deeply. That's when he smelled something burning. He then realizes that he's baking a cupcake. Panicking, he dislodges the tray from the oven only to find his cupcakes burnt form.

"Now, how am I supposed to eat you?" he said with a frown.

He cried in frustration. He's been distracted since the issue with him and Pavlo came out. How he loved the idea of him and Pavlo coming out to the world, raising their flag with pride yet not this one—coming out with people exposing them without their consent.

Now, they're being hated. The fact that Pavlo's name also comes down to chart does not help him think well. Although many still support him and he even gained supporters because of this, still, he has lost thousands of subscribers and he's irked about it.

He pursed a smile, looking at the smiling face of Pavlo in his phone's screen. "I'm sorry, babe. Kasalanan ko ang lahat. Kung hindi lang sana ako desperado, siguro hindi mangyayari ito. Ngayon, nabahiran pa tuloy ang name mo nang dahil sa'kin."

A single tear fell onto his screen. He's crying again. The bags resting in his eyes can tell that he's restless. He just keeps on listening to Pavlo's songs for him to lull himself.

Most of the time, Pavlo talks to him over the phone the usual way. He missed their privacy. He missed those times wherein they were all but happy. He missed it all because now, he can't see anything and he can't feel it anymore.

He almost jolted when his phone rang. He blinked and wiped his tears away. Clearing his throat, he smiled and picked it up. "Ampao? Good evening po. Nakauwi na ba ikaw?"

"Evening, Tey-Tey... I missed you. Hindi pa nakauwi si Ampao mo." Pavlo's sweet and raspy voice spoke from the other line and he automatically smiled, decluttering some bugs in his heavy heart.

He pouted as he sat on the chair near him. "Aww... pasaway. Bakit ka pa nag-stay diyan? Uwi na at gabi na."

The other man chuckled at him. "Na-stock ako sa Flower Plantation, babe. Dapat pala nakinig ako sa'yo na hindi mag-commute. Ayan tuloy. Hindi ako nakaabot sa last trip. Susunduin mo ba ako? Baka naman..."