Chapter 26 - Unintentional Incident

THE simple celebration of their EP milestone started at five in the afternoon. It's just a small gathering consisting only of Jallen's family, Pavlo's younger sisters, and their friends.

Vester was also there and Pavlo couldn't help chuckling, looking at his boyfriend's shy figure who kept on tugging the hem of his shirt every time Tita Emma, who happened to be Jallen's mom looked at him.

"Bakit na naman?" he whispers, scooping an ice cream from the younger's cup.

He saw him pouted his red plump lips. "Nahihiya ako sa Mom ni Jah. Mukha naman siyang mabait pero kasi ano eh... basta!"

"Mabait talaga si Tita Emma. Malambing pa nga 'yan." He drapes his arms around the younger's shoulder. "Kaya siya tingin nang tingin sa'yo kasi ang pogi mo raw."

Vester blushed furiously, smacking his chest. "Kaasar ka! Hindi ka nakakatulong, Pavlo!"

He acted like he was hurt, clutching his chest. "Ouch! Pavlo na lang?"

Vester side-eyed him. "Ang drama mo. Sakalin kita eh."

He grins widely, dribbling his brows. "Ang wild, Tey. May maraming taong makakakita—aray naman!"

"Sige, hindi lang sa tagiliran ang kurot mo. Makikita mo!" Vester snapped at him.

He laughed heartily, turning his face towards the younger's uncomfortable state. "Ang sungit mo ngayon, ah? Meron ka ba?"

Vester squeezed his eyes tightly, trying to shove him away as he stood up. "Mamaya ka sa'kin, Pavlo! Makikita mo ang hinahanap mo."

He bites back a laugh, crossing his arms. "Sa'n pupunta ang baby ko?"

This made the younger stopped abruptly, turning to him with a crimson face since for the first time, Pavlo addressed him with that endearment. He wanted to say a lot of things. He wanted to scream in glee but he kept it all by himself. To embarrass himself in public is the last thing that he wants.

"S-Samahan mo ako. Papahangin lang," Vester said instead.

The older heaved and stood up too, reaching for the younger's hand. He can sense that the Vester is still cautious towards their surroundings especially those few people who keep staring at him intensely.

He brought him outside, squeezing his hands from time to time. "Chill, Tey-Tey. Walang manghuhusga sa'yo rito if that's what you're worrying about."

The younger man smiled timidly, tightening his grip on his lover's hands. "Sorry, Pao. Ang hirap pigilang hindi ma-conscious."

He gave him a reassuring smile. "It's okay. Just breathe. I won't bring you naman to a place na hindi healthy for you. Jallen's family are nice people."

A genuine smile was drawn from the younger, tugging Pavlo's hands up to his moist lips. "I know but still... ugh! Never mind. Basta thank you. Kaya mahal na mahal kita eh."

He faced him, holding his lover's eyes affectionately as he cupped his face gently. "I love you too, Tey."

Vester wanted to tear up as Pavlo kissed the tip of his nose. His heart is overjoyed since for the very first time, the older professes it in front of him. Since the day they're officially together, Pavlo never declared his love for him until today. He's certain it's not just a dream or his fantasy.

"T-Tey? Hala, bakit ka umiiyak? May nasabi ba ako? Sorry, sorry..." Pavlo started panicking as he quickly wipes Vester's tears with the back of his hands.

The younger chuckles inwardly, sniffing. "Masaya lang ako. For the panic naman this ferzown."

He heaved as he pouted cutely. "Tinakot mo naman kasi ako."