Chapter 6 - Opposite Attracts

11:11. HE ACTUALLY never believes in such manifestations but for some reason, he automatically closes his eyes. Whispered some sort of encouraging thoughts from his head into the thin air, believing all his wishful thinking would help his heart to ease.

"I wish for a successful EP release. Please, God... help us," Pavlo murmured to himself.

He then drops his pen into his table before brushing his hair with his long and bony fingers. It's now eleven in the evening and he already downed four cups of coffee together with Jallen and Keir. Finally, they've already finalized their EP concept and cover.

"Pao, antok na antok na ako," said Jallen in between his yawns.

"Tulog ka na, Jah." He smiled tightly at the younger. "Ako na'ng bahala rito."

"Ako rin, Pao. Sa kama mo kami matutulog. Doon ka na sa couch. Kasya ka naman doon," Keir butted in, almost tripping had he not gained his balance back.

Pavlo looks at him like he has grown another head. "What? Sa sahig ka matulog uy! Kapal naman nito."

"Bisita mo kami. You should treat us right." Keir waves his goodbye before grabbing the sleepy Jallen with him. "Jah, dito ang daan. Mukha kang nalasing sa kapeng iniinom mo. Umayos ka nga."

"Bye-bye, Ampao. Sa sahig ka raw sabi ni Sayson," Jallen snorted.

He never had given a chance to rebut because the two just left him that instant. He groaned in frustration, rubbing his aching temples thoroughly. Sure thing, his friends upset him most especially Keir but he still loves them even if it cringes the hell out of him.

"Oh, people..." Munching his homemade potato rolls, he closes his eyes. For him, it tastes heaven.

At first, all that he has in mind is how good the potato roll melted in his mouth until Vester's smile flickers and interrupts his train of thought. He almost choked had he not reached for his tumbler in time.

"G-Gagi! Patatas ba siya? Bakit ko naman siya iniisip?" Running a hand through his face as if he's too stressed, he tried to shake that pretty face away.

"Hindi, miss mo lang eh..." his alter-self teases.

"What the hell? Mama mo, miss!" But who was he kidding? Just by thinking about the other man's warm smiles, his aching temples suddenly cool down.

Five days have passed since their dinner date happened and unfortunately, he hates to admit it but he's disappointed that they never have the chance to go out again. He ducks down, trying to shush his alter-self saying he's just in denial, low-key accepting that he kind of misses Vester.

However, his cute pout suddenly washed out and was replaced with a bright pink shade that rested on his cheeks as soon as he remembered what happened at Aurum Park that night. Burying his face on his table, he tried to brush that memory away but it's too late since it has been inked permanently there.

"Golly! Please stop thinking about it, Pao. Focus! Focus!"

He tried to gather himself up but his mind won't cooperate. He ended up recalling that particular memory that he'd been trying to bury deep down in his archive. Now, his conscience keeps on bringing it up again and again. It's unintentional but his head keeps on chanting Vester's name. He's slowly recognizing how his presence could easily brighten up his day.

He couldn't help but smile. Meeting Vester in person is just like catching up to an old friend but the thing is that they haven't had a chance to meet before. Being with him is like home compared to his previous dates a long time ago. It surprises him that his first date with the other man is all but normal; no awkward silence between them, no worried faces and he knew what it exactly meant.