Chapter 32 - Sunlight

THE weather is good on a Sunday morning. The birds happily chirped in the hymn of nature. The sky is clear and the sun is warm against Vester's skin. He often paid a visit to the Family Park when he was still in grade school. It is just a block away from their home.

He and his younger sister, Rosie troll around the small oval, take pictures together, and even eat their homemade snacks on one of the empty wooden benches near a horse statue. Going back in here for him is very nostalgic and it brings a lot of memories back when he was still a child.

This time, Rosie is not just with him but so as Pavlo who pushes his wheels as they take their second round into the oval. The Family Park was still cleared by this time so he happily asked his Father if he could take a breath of fresh air which the latter granted quickly.

Rosie, on the other hand happily takes videos of them together. His sister is so fond of Pavlo and he's pretty sure that she likes him a lot as much as he does. Yet, Rosie is kind of shy to mingle with him or even talk to him so usually, Pavlo is the one who initiated to pick a topic.

Rosie also loves the nickname that her Kuya Pavlo gave to her. She finds Chuchay adorable and although it's far different from her real name, she still likes it.

It's not just the nickname she loves that her Kuya Pavlo gave but also the presents that she can get. She usually receives chocolates and candies from him when he pays a visit so she's always that excited.

Whenever he comes to visit Vester, he has always something to offer and he even dares to cook for him. Pavlo often says he's not a good cook and he knows only a few things in the kitchen but Vester would be lying if he didn't find the other man's cooking incredible.

"You okay there?" Pavlo asked, smiling cheekily and Vester found it mesmerizing at how glowing his man's face was under the sunlight.

Pavlo's cheeks are rosy, his eyes are gleaming, and his smiles are warm as the sun. He couldn't believe that he had this man as his. Though he was not yet allowed to shout it to the world, he was contented with what was in their little space.

"Ayos lang ako, babe." He looks up, grazing his lover's hands who is still pushing his wheels.

"How's your feet doing? Masakit pa rin ba?" the other asked curiously.

"Medyo okay na. Hindi na masyadong namamaga. Hoping na makalakad na ako. Nakakapagod na lagi akong ganito." He frowned at the idea. "Mas nagmumukha na talaga akong may sakit. Kung kaya ko lang, mas gugustuhin ko na lang na paika-ika akong maglakad."

"Be patient muna, Tey-Tey. Kaunti na lang. Nandito naman ako eh." Pavlo pinched his cheeks gently. "Don't pout like that. Ang cute-cute mo. Baka may magawa pa akong hindi dapat."

That earns a bright red tint from the younger. "Kainis ka! Nanghaharot ka na naman!"

"Sa'yo lang naman ako haharot. Unless you want me to do it with someone else?" Pavlo teased, wearing a sly grin.

Vester rolled his eyes. "Eh 'di humarot ka. Go na. Gusto mo ako pa ang maghanap ng kapalit ko? Iwan mo na ako kasi ganito na ako. Hindi mo na ako mahal!"

He snorted, looking at the sky. "Ang tindi mo naman, babe. May mas better pa ba sa'yo?"

"Oo. Marami. Bakit? Kung makahanap ka ba, papalitan mo talaga ako?" Vester asked with a scowling face.

"Syempre—"

"Eh 'di, I hate you ten times!" Vester cuts him off.

"Babe, hindi pa ako tapos..." Pavlo laughs heartily and Rosie giggles at the childish side of her Kuya Vester.