Chapter 9 - Phoenix

WHAT is the sea but a canvas of black when the sky is dark and no shining jewels above? What is the palm trees lined up in the bay and an eye basked in it in all its glory? What is love so golden as dust yet not a whirlwind that catches off guard? Baby steps. Step-by-step – it is all that matters since, for Pavlo, love isn't a race.

For him, that's always been contemplating and overthinking things, it's not that easy. The road is as dark as the water in the dead of the night. However, at some point, he felt comfortable. He's wondering if it's because of Vester's light since they say that if the current's warm, you're heading the right way.

"... Congratulations on your new EP, Under the Drop!" The TV Host's perky voice resonates in his head, snapping him out from his musings.

He almost forgot that he's been facing cameras at the moment so quickly, he rectifies his stoic face and beams at the audience, flashing his braces. They're currently in a TV show as part of their promotion.

"Thank you po." His voice blended with his two friends, Keir and Jallen.

The TV Host smiles toothsomely. "I'm happy for you guys. Another masterpiece."

Jallen couldn't help but smile, feeling butterflies in his stomach. "Super thankful po talaga kami sa mga sumusuporta po sa amin."

Pavlo smiles. "Hopefully po ay magpatuloy pa po ito and sana po ay marami pa po ang makarinig sa music namin."

"Yes, hoping po na hindi lang po kami ang na-inspire sa songs namin. Sana kayo rin po," Keir added.

He nodded. "Ito po kasing Under the Drop is very, very special po sa amin and of course, pinaghirapan namin ito at sana ay nagustuhan ninyo ang aming... inihandog na kanta para po sa inyo. Ayon, salamat po."

"Oh, so para saan at para kanino niyo ba iniaalay ang tracks ng inyong EP?" the TV Host asked.

"Actually po, this is all for those dreamers out there na patuloy na naglalakbay para maabot ang kani-kanilang mga pangarap..." Pavlo laughs sheepishly.

"Tama, tama. Even if we're battling in the storms of life, always know that there is still sunrise," Keir explained.

Jallen turns to him, mocking a straight face. "Hindi ba rainbow?"

"Ha?"

"Rainbow after the storm?" Jallen then smirked.

"Ha? Kunwari gabi iyong storm sa buhay mo tapos kinabukasan, sunrise na," Keir reasoned out as he hide his face at Pavlo's back.

They all laughed and so as the audience. Pavlo can only shake his head. "Ano rin kasi... tama naman. Kasi 'di ba, you're in the darkest point of your life and eventually, there's a light sa dulo. From that, you'll know that there is a sunrise after the storm."

The TV Host nods. "Tama nga naman. Wow naman talaga."

"Witty ah!" Jallen teased, grinning at the older, and Pavlo just pursed a smile.

"So ito na nga, ang tanong ng mga fans..." The TV Host paused as the crowd went wild. "Are you guys single? How about you, Jallen?"

Jallen looks down. "Unfortunately po... yes."

"Luh? Unfortunately ka riyan. Baby ka pa!" Pavlo pointed out and it earned him a slap on his thigh from the younger.

"How about you, Keir?" the TV Host asked.

"Single po," he responded while looking at Pavlo intently, making sure the camera didn't see his facial expression.

"Kasi po we're really focused po kasi sa aming ginagawa. Music po muna talaga and each one of us po ay sobrang hands on... kaya gano'n." Jallen just saved the last question and that made the two sighs in relief.

Parcel | StellJunOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara