Chapter 23 - The Song

PAVLO skimmed at the starless sky in the dead of the night. He didn't bother to expect the moon to appear too since thick dark clouds refrained the light to seep in, leaving the night gloomy. But he's not since in his purple skies. He has his brightest star with him.

Little by little, he tends to understand the other man even the smallest detail that made him what he is, and for Pavlo, he's more than what he anticipated. He's more of those twinkling stars above.

Vester itself is a jewel—precious and priceless. He thought that maybe it was not only Vester's heavenly voice whom he referred to as his idea of luxury but everything that includes him – from his shortcomings, imperfections, and the good things that he possesses.

"Ang peaceful dito." Finally, he spoke, complementing the calmness of the place.

He's sitting against Dusty. The younger is leaning his back at him. He couldn't help but revel in Vester's strawberry-shampooed hair, his vanilla scent, and his astonishing presence in general.

"Told ya! Napag-alaman ko kasi kina Jallen na hindi ka masyadong fan sa maraming tao kaya I suggest na dito na lang tayo. Mas maganda tapos solo pa kita." Vester looks up to him, beaming with pride.

"Bakit parang mas ramdam ko 'yong huli?" Pavlo then stifles a cute smile.

Vester made a face. "Minsan talaga, grabe na ang confidence mo. If I know, miss na miss mo rin naman ako. Aminin mo na lang kasi kaysa naman puro ka lang diyan deny."

He chuckles, shaking his head at him. "Kailan ko ba itinangging na-miss kita? Ipaalala mo nga sa'kin?"

"Oo nga ano? Atat ka pa ngang pauwiin ako. Pero bakit?" Vester snuggles himself to him, feeling his warmth.

"Hindi pa ba obvious? Do I need to spell it to you? My golly. Nakakahiya!" Pavlo protested in his raspy voice.

"Nakakahiya? Ano ang nakakahiya, Pavlo? Ang alin?" Vester looks up, face devoid of emotion.

He cleared his throat. "Ang maging vocal?"

Vester side-eyed him, remembering Joseph's voice in his head. "Kainis! Tayo-tayo lang naman ang nandito. Hindi mo naman kailangang mahiya sa'kin. Walang manghuhusga sa'yo. Kung mayroon man, ako ang gugulpi sa kanila, makikita mo."

"You don't have to be violent just to protect me. I can do it myself. Maging sweet ka na lang sa'kin, kontento na ako ro'n," he whispered as he rested his chin against the crown of Vester's head which made the latter hum.

He tugged him closer, leaving no room between them. He's just relishing the night with the very special person in his life. They're both in an open space, four kilometers away from Vester's place. The latter suggested it would be perfect here since no one could ever distract them and the man was not lying.

They're just there, looking above in a no particular thing but they are at peace. They just simply enjoyed each other's company as they both listened to Pavlo's playlist. Since they got here, Pavlo began playing music from his phone's speaker. Accordingly, to set the mood even more.

"Bakit parang pakiramdam ko, you made this playlist for me?" Vester commented, closing his eyes to savor the message of the song. He knows he's not reckoning things and he hopes he's not.

"Nagustuhan mo ba?" Pavlo asked, looking at the younger intently.

Vester smiled tenderly. "So, para sa'kin nga? Thank you, Pao. I love it. First time na may gumawa ng playlist for me. Hindi ko alam pero nakakaiyak na nakaka-in love. Like, ganito pala ang feeling na may nagpapahalaga sa'yo?"

"Masaya ka ba?" he asked softly, dragging incoherent shapes on the younger's hands.

"Sa'yo? Sa kung ano mang meron sa'tin?" Vester brought up their hands. "Masaya ako, Pao. Thank you for letting me know na ganito pala kasaya ang pahalagahan ka pabalik."