Chapter 7 - A Sandcastle's Song

A LITTLE destruction wouldn't hurt too much when the song of the sea blows with the wind right into the heart, waves cascade into the shore as a sandcastle falls; it sinks back into the ocean floor and tumbles into tiny fragments caused by the little destruction just like how Pavlo's walls slowly collapsing after Vester came ashore.

Sandcastle. It is swept away by salty air and waters so easily after constructing it nicely just like how Pavlo built his sassiness yet for a second, Vester just swept it away effortlessly. He's not complaining because, at some point, he found peace with that so-called ruin. It's been a while since he felt that.

Those laughter and giggles came so naturally in his ears together with the hymn of the sea and perhaps the beach isn't that salty anymore. He wonders if it's because of Vester's smiles or maybe because of the younger's cheesiness that made it that way. It is new to him. Usually, he would go to the beach with his friends and family.

He would just care with some beer, buttery food since he is a food lover, chilling music from his phone, and a book, adding the calming effect brought by beaches, palm trees, and of course the sunset which is his catch of the day. That's all he is but right now, Vester added to his list brought some happy factors to him.

Vester is just like the sound of the waves—it brought him solace. "Love is a fragment of the sand—"

"Pao, pasuyo no'ng shell na napulot ko kanina. Bilis, bilis!" Vester's resounding high-pitch voice snapped him out of his musings.

"Ito na, ito na. Ang hyper ah!" he chuckles as he hands him two pretty white shells.

Vester smiles toothily which turns into a pout as he adorns the sandcastle using the shells. "Ehhhh... masaya lang naman ako. Ang cute kaya nito."

"Alam ko naman. Ang ganda kaya ng gawa natin—"

"Mas maganda ka, Pao. Mas maganda ka." He winked after he cut the older mid-sentenced.

Warm blood crawls into Pavlo's ears. "Heeeh! Kainis..."

Vester smirked before continuing to build their sandcastle. Pavlo watched him fondly. Vester constructing a castle out of the sand like a child warms his heart. He fished his phone from his board shorts pocket and took a picture of him. This is one of Vester's unaccomplished childhood dreams so Pavlo takes the younger to the beach and together, they build a sandcastle.

"Kinuhanan mo ako ng picture?" Vester's beaming smile lit up Pavlo's once-darkened world again and like a sun, it also warms him.

He nods as a confirmation. "Ang cute mo eh."

Vester just smiled before collecting another scoop of sand, crafting another shape out of it. He took another shot of him over and over. He won't mind if the younger occupies a lot of his phone's storage anyway.

"Tingnan mo! Ang cute ng tuktok. Ang galing-galing ko, ano?" Pavlo chuckles as he saw him giggling.

"Yeah, galing mo nga," he agreed.

He just loved how Vester was very happy the way his smiles flashed before him, his laughter traveled down to his eardrums, and the way his eyes swam in full vibrant, and knowing he was the reason behind that, warms his heart even more.

Another childish laugh came from the younger when Pavlo puts the white flag as a finisher in their little castle. "Ba't ka tumatawa riyan? Ang cute kaya nito."

"Hindi naman halatang handa ka ano?" Vester smirked.

Pavlo couldn't help but smile sheepishly as he scratches his nape. "Ano kasi eh... syempre mahalaga 'to sa'yo tapos gusto ko rin na gawing special ang araw na ito kaya gumawa ako ng flag."