Chapter 18 - Hate

PAVLO is back at the counter now with his lime juice. He's watching Joseph and Keir instructing Jallen how to balance himself. He always knows that the younger is a fast learner. In silence, he proudly cheered for him, smiling widely.

He's also amused at how the three can easily get along like they have known each other for so long. Maybe it's the fact that both of his friends adore Joseph as a professional dancer or maybe because of the latter's intelligence in dealing with people. Either of the two, he's delighted to know that he found another one to be added to his circle.

He doesn't know why but he sat up straight, fixing his sleeves and hair the moment he saw Joseph started walking towards him. He internally panicked. They never spoke much because he could feel the awkwardness in the air. The other man is only the one who initiated a topic and this had him look apologetic for some reason.

"Nag-iisa ka yata?" Joseph started after occupying the empty spot beside him.

He chucks, "Yeah. Nag-enjoy ba kayo?"

The newcomer nods, "Kind of."

He smiled, taking a sip of his lime drink. "So... hindi ka ba na-out of place or something?"

The man chuckles a little. "Honestly, you're right. People here are pleasant and they're not boring. Napaka-welcoming ng atmosphere at lahat approachable. I don't have a hard time dealing with them most especially your friends."

He nods and said, "Uhm... medyo childish lang sila but mababait naman ang mga iyon. Maaasahan din sa mga bagay-bagay. I'm glad you guys get along so well."

"Yes and same rin pala tayong apat ng interest. We both like to dance," Joseph spoke enthusiastically.

He looks down sheepishly. "Actually, hindi ko siya talaga pinursue. Hindi naman ako kagalingang sumayaw."

"Ano ka ba! Pinagyayabang ka nga ni Jallen sa'kin." He could see the grin plastered on the other man's face the moment he looked at him.

He shakes his head his disagreement. "Huwag kang maniwala sa batang 'yon. Mayabang lang talaga iyon."

Joseph bites back a laugh. "Hindi ko sure. Pero seryoso, why not sumama ka sa kanila sa Aurum? I mean if hindi na ako busy sa business and sa Sync-In, magkaroon man lang tayo ng quality time together."

He blinks at him. "You mean... sasayaw ka with them?"

"Keir proposes it kanina and I guess, okay rin iyon. Maganda iyong sumasayaw for fun without thinking of anything serious. Bonding time na rin natin iyon. Pumayag na rin ako since kaibigan mo sila and mukha namang mapagkakatiwalaan."

He smiles at him. "Hindi lang halata but they are... but I'm still surprised kung gaano ka kabilis nahatak ng mga 'yon."

The other nods in agreement. "I know but iyon na nga, I trusted them because they're your friends. One more thing, since nagkakamabutihan na rin naman kayo ni Vester, it's just fair to get to know you as well. By that time, hahatakin ka rin no'n kaya uunahan ko na siya."

This time, he flushed as he looks away. "S-Sige lang. Susubukan ko if vacant din ako kapag darating ang pagkakataong iyan."

"Nice. Masaya ito!" Joseph then sighs in contentment. "To our friendship?"

He nodded, smiling as they both clinked their paper cups. "To our friendship, Joseph!"

They both drank their juices as their head bobbed to the disco music. They could have had a glass of champagne if they wanted. But Tobi and Sherryl Ann strongly disagree with the idea for they have a guesting tomorrow and they need to pull their selves together without hangovers and such.