Chapter 12 - Comfort

DREAD. He doesn't really know how to clarify it. Either it's for the judgment, approval, or the eclectic sentiments in his blending machine. Pavlo can't pinpoint them. All he knows is that it is all blurry. He's afraid of how wide it becomes every time he takes a peak from his space's window.

The worry is not new to him anymore but now, it's all awakened from its dark chamber. He is afraid not completely in the unknown but because of how it is blended messily into his pressure cooker, he can hardly see the centerfold. He's been edgy these past few days and it didn't help his poor beating heart or his rational being to think straight.

Not even Vester's mischievous laughing shack gave him the comfort that he wanted. His temples are throbbing badly. Huffing, his frown turns into a subtle pout, arms are folded furiously while his glares are like ice-piercing sheers.

He never said a thing. He's just staring at the laughing Vester in front of him. He would happily smack the other man if he was not just on his laptop screen. Rolling his eyes, he sighed audibly, making sure that Vester could feel his annoyance.

"Ang cute-cute mo, crush ko," Vester giggles, wiping his tears from laughing so hard earlier.

"Deserve mong umiyak habang tumatawa," he said with a straight face.

Vester laugh once again and later on, his laugh dies down. "Huwag na ikaw magtampo, Ampao!"

"Stop whining! I love your voice but I hate it at the same time!" he said, brows furrowed.

"So meanie," Vester smirks, "How can you love my voice and hate it at the same time?"

He shrugged, tucking his hair behind his ear. "I can do both."

"The same goes with compliments. You love complimenting others but hate to be complimented. The duality," Vester commented and he wanted to pinch that cheeky face right at this moment.

"I have my two sides. First, I love talking to you. Second, I hate it too." He mocks a side-eye.

The other man chuckles faintly, biting his lips. "OMG ka! Ang cute mong baby."

He leans on his back. "I'm not a baby! Don't call me that."

Vester smiles tightly. "I miss you. Do you miss me too?"

"Ewan. Tanong mo kina Mickie at Ching-Ching!" He looks away, taking a sip of his black coffee.

The younger pouts, "Ampao ko... talk to me nicely na oh."

"Why am I talking to you though?" he sighs, shaking his head and fixing his bangs.

"Sorry na kasi sa crush kong maganda na may cute na nunal na gustong-gusto ko..." Vester wailed.

"Sus!"

"They approached me nicely kasi kaya sumagot lang naman ako. Ayaw ko naman magkaroon sila ng masamang impression sa akin—"

"Kahit na. You should've told me," Pavlo cuts him off mid-sentence. He's just grateful he never raised his voice.

"Eh, sorry na kasi. Hindi ko rin kasi alam ang gagawin ko. Kinabahan na na-e-excite ako kaya hindi na ako nakapagsabi sa iyo agad. Grabe ang kabog ng puso ko. Tsugtsug, tsugtsug, tsugtsug. Ganon!" Vester even conveyed his acting so well.

Pavlo on the other hand can't help but smile that eventually turns into laughter. "Ano 'yang puso mo, tren?"

Vester sighs in relief. "Ayan, napatawa rin kita. Kanina pa ako nag-iisip ng paraan kung paano paamuin si Chona."

"Sino kina Jallen at Keir ang nagsabi niyan sa'yo?" he asked, tilting his head.

"None of the above," Vester smirked knowingly. "Bakit? Papagalitan mo ba ang mga faney mo kasi tinatawag ka nilang Ate Chona? Eh totoo namang attitude ka talaga."