Chapter 4 - First Ladder

HE SIGHED heavily as soon as he plopped on the softness of his couch after a tiresome workload. He's from Jallen's photo studio doing some photoshoots to finalize their album promotion and he has this constant headache since his friends are always nagging him about Vester. He doesn't know at this time if he's still grateful to have them or the other way around.

The worst part is that his younger sister, Ching-Ching accidentally knows about Vester since Keir and Jallen couldn't keep their mouth shut. He's pretty sure that their youngest sister Mickie will eventually know about it as well since his two younger sisters aren't likely to keep secrets from each other. He is surely doomed.

"Ano kayang ginagawa niya ngayon? Hindi man lang nagparamdam. Sumuko na kaya siya?" he asked out of nowhere, referring to Vester.

"Ayan, ang pakipot mo kasi." He heard Keir's deep voice in his head.

He shakes that thought off. "Excuse me? Kung gano'n-gano'n na lang pala siya kadaling sumuko, hindi siya worth it 'no! Hindi naman siya kawalan!"

"Ang bagal-bagal mo kasi. Napagod na tuloy ang tao. Feeling gold ka kasi, Ampao." This time, it is Jallen's voice echoed through his head.

"Hindi ako feeling gold ha. Ayoko lang naman na magmadali. Sa kamamadali ko nga noon, napahamak pa ako eh. What if sa huli magkasakitan lang din pala kami?"

When it comes to going out with someone, he's not into rushing things. He's been learning from his past experiences. He thought it was not bad to be vigilant nowadays. Besides, he's just started to know Vester – his talking stage thingy according to Jallen, the expert.

He's taking his own pace to absorb things and trying to consider Vester's feelings and for Pavlo, there's nothing wrong with that. He sighs while he's massaging his thick brows. He counted one to ten before plopping again.

"Wala namang mawawala, hindi ba? Try lang naman. Kung siya nga, hindi natatakot na sumugal para sa aming dalawa, dapat ako rin." He almost laughs at himself. "Wow, saan nanggagaling iyon? Parang tanga... awit!"

He gazed at his phone that was resting on the top of his coffee table for about a minute or two before he decided to grab it. He took a deep breath. "Vester, how's your day? By the way, good evening."

His heart hastens when his phone dings after five minutes of waiting and saw Vester's response in the preview. He cleared his throat and blinked dumbly at his phone's screen. He surely looks like an idiot right now.

"Uyyy! Unang nagparamdam. Joke. Actually, kagigising ko lang. I was about to chat you since na-miss kita pero mukhang na-miss mo rin ako. Good evening too, babe."

"Pao* hehe, sorry. Na-typo lang." He laughed while shaking his head at the second message.

"Kumain ka na ba?" he asked, ignoring the naughty side of his chat-mate. Whenever they talk, Vester is always like that and he seems to get familiarized with this side of him which for Pavlo is a good start.

"Ay, ang pa-fall mo, crush."

He made a face and literally rolled his eyes after reading it. Sighing wearily, he settles himself comfortably, back his pressing nicely at the softness of his couch. He thought to himself that some people nowadays are always this sensitive and dramatic over petty things.

"I don't understand people saying 'pa-fall' after asking about that. I mean, it sounds like the one who's asking them is flirting. This generation really is making everything a big deal out of the simplest thing."

"Lol! Don't take it seriously, Pavs. Anyway, diyan kasi nagsisimula ang lahat. From being caring to alam mo na," Vester responded with his laughing emoji.