Chapter 27 - Pigtails

THE soft and melodious voice came running down to Pavlo's eardrums as Vester sang along with a particular ballad song sung by a famous OPM Artist. He smiled as he brushed his damp hair but he stopped right away when someone grabbed the comb from his hands. He looked behind and was met by a warm smile by his Sunshine. Vester tugged him into the couch and they both sat there.

"Ang haba na ng hair mo," Vester commented as he began combing the soft fringes of his lover.

Way back, he wonders how Pavlo's hair felt in his hands and now that he can touch and play with it, he can't help the corner of his mouth to curl. His boyfriend's hair is just like what he fantasizes about; it's too soft in his fingers that the urge to braid it comes into his mind. He's pretty sure that Pavlo looks good at it.

"Bakit? You want me to cut it?" the older asked as he purred into the other man's touch.

"Nope. It suits you very well. It looks good on you," Vester responded cheekily.

Pavlo chuckles, "Akala ko kasi ayaw mo. I want it this way although okay rin naman ang short hair."

"I want it for you too... and you look ten times hotter when your hair is all black. Ewan ko lang. Bagay din naman sa'yo ang hair color mo ngayon," the younger hums.

"Ah, so mas prefer mo ang black hair ko?" Pavlo can't help to smile.

"Nah, sinasabi ko lang though you nailed all your hairstyle and hair color plus lahat na lang ng haircut, bagay sa'yo," Vester giggles, "Basta, ganito muna ang hair mo, okay? Baka kasi bigla kang magpagupit."

He nods, "What do you think about a clean-cut?"

Vester cleared his throat. "As one of your long hair enthusiasts, 'wag muna. Baka hindi ko kakayanin."

This made the older laugh as he turned his head behind. "Bakit? Sayang ba?"

"Oo. Bukod din diyan, O.A na kung O.A pero nakita ko kasi ang isang picture mo dati na semi-clean cut tapos ayon, humimlay ako..." Vester sheepishly admitted. "Isa pa, I want to braid and style your hair. I want you to have a pigtails—"

"No, Yoko!" Pavlo cuts him off, shaking his head defiantly. "Bahala kang mag-pigtail diyan."

More and more giggles sway along with the sweet melody of the ballad song who continue filling the whole living room. "Ang cute-cute mo. Nakikinita ko na sa imagination ko. Please naman, I want you to have a pigtail. Sige na naman, Ampao."

"Ayaw..." he dismissed it once again.

"Please, baby ko?" the younger pleads again, kissing his clothed shoulder. "I love you po."

He sighs, "Ponytail would do, Tey."

"But I want it to be a pigtail..." Vester whines, "Mahal..."

"Tey naman. Why are you making this hard for me?" Pavlo looks down, frowning furiously.

"Sweetheart? Honeybunch? Sugarplum? Darling?" Vester rested his chin on his man's shoulder. "Pigtail? Kiss kita after. Sige na naman. I'm pretty sure na bagay 'yon sa'yo."

Though frustrated, he couldn't say no anymore. He doesn't know what type of sorcery Vester uses to lure him in that silliness but he stubbornly nods his head. "Hindi ko alam kung bakit ko ba ito gagawin..."

"Yehey! That's why I love you eh." Vester claps his hands. "Gawin ko ngayon, ha? Where's your hair blower, honey?"

He stood up quietly, walked towards his room, and hesitantly grabbed his hair blower before turning his heels towards the grinning Vester, waiting for him patiently, "Ayan na. Kung saan ka sasaya..."