𝙇𝙤𝙤𝙠 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙢𝙚

This morning hits different, I get up earlier than usual. I chose my outfit the night before, well, on friday when I got back from the interview actually. Dress pants and black shirt, leather boots and as always my beige coat, it's my lucky charm, but don't say anything because otherwise it won't work.

I leave my apartment but not before feeding and giving Lena lots of kisses, this cat is going to be my downfall. So little and cuddly. I love when she comes and sits on my lap purring for me to caress her, so delicate, I love her.

I'm walking along the avenues, luckily I'm not that far from the cafe or work now. I make a quick stop, look at my watch, 7:45am, I have time. Kate smiles at me when she sees me arrive. "Morning, beauty! the usual?"

"Yes, please, and a coffee with almond milk, extra hot without sugar and the cup 70% full, please."

"So you remembered Romanoff's request, huh?" she looks at me with mischief in her eyes, I certainly forgot to mention, that she knows I have a small, not so small, crush on Miss Romanoff, that's why the look. I remember our call from friday evening.

While I wait for my lasagna to heat up, I grab my cell phone and dial Kate. "I have the job!" she screams and I have to move the device away, otherwise it will make me deaf.

"No way, you little lucky ass!" oh god.

"Yes, I don't even know how, what if it goes wrong?" I start to doubt, "Miss Romanoff said one mistake and I'm screwed, help."

"Don't be stupid, Y/N, you'll do fine, relax." Well yeah, I don't even start. "I imagine you've had your eye on her." 

"I mean, could you blame me? She's beautiful." Miss Romanoff is beautiful indeed.

"She's hot," so hot "you already have a crush on her, don't you?"

"I can't lie to you."

We talked a little more because a line of customers formed and you can't make six coffees at the same time, I doubt it.

"Kate," she let out a sigh, "I'm an assistant, the first thing I have to do in the morning is get her coffee, also, so do you."

"Okay, okay, whatever you say." she says as she prepares the coffees. I hand her the money and look at my watch again before she pass them to me, 7:53 am, shit, I have to hurry.

"Thank you Kate!" she waves back and I walk out as fast as possible, god these heels are not for rushing. I get to the building and reach the elevator on time, 7:58am.

Fuck, hurry up, please I mentally say to myself, cursing the machine. I get to the twenty-seventh floor at 8 o'clock, ugh on time. I put the coffees on my desk and wait for Miss Romanoff to show up.

I turn on the computer and go through the agenda, it's already organized so I don't have to do much. Not even five minutes pass and Miss Romanoff makes her entrance, how can this woman look like this at eight in the morning?

"Good morning, Miss Romanoff," I get up from my chair and grab her coffee, "I brought you coffee." she looks me up and down as she takes the cup, taking a sip of coffee with a smirk on her face.

"So, coffee the way I like it, you're on time and you're presentable."

"Yes, Miss Romanoff."

She goes on her way to her office and I go mine to the desk. I continue making appointments in the agenda and suddenly I see that it's already 10am, how fast.

I see that Miss Romanoff has a charity event offered by the Stark family and needs confirmation, I write the event in the agenda, the computer and on a post it in front of her, to much huh? Interrupting my thoughts, I get a call saying Miss Romanoff is needed on the 5th floor.

I headed to her door office, I can't see inside but I know she can see me. I knock twice waiting for her to let me in. "Come in" I hear her say and I go into her office closing the door behind me.

"Miss Romanoff?" she looks up from her and scans me.

"Yes, Y/N, what's up?"

"I wanted to inform you that this Friday you've a charity event offered by the Stark family, it requires confirmation and they need you now on the 5th floor" I say and wait for her response.

"Thank you, confirm my invitation and yours too and call the 5th floor, tell them I'm coming, look for me in fifteen minutes, I'm busy and I don't want to waste time." She stops and takes some papers with her, I step aside and open the door for her to leave, I see her go to the elevator and disappear once it closes the doors. I send our confirmations to the event, I didn't know that I've to go. 

When trirteen minutes pass I call the elevator and play the 5th floor to get Miss Romanoff back, I arrived and start to looking for her in the hallways. She didn't said where I was suposed to look for her. Passing the cubicles separated by glass panels, a woman comes out and I take the opportunity to ask her about Miss Romanoff.

"Hi, I'm Y/N, Miss Romanoff's new assistant, can you tell me where she is? She needs to attend to an important call."

"Hi, I'm Margaret, nice to meet you. Yes, she's down the hall with Lou, the accountant."

"Thank you very much, it's a pleasure for me too" I walk to the end until I find the accountant's office, I knock twice and wait for the order to enter. I hear gasps and I don't want to imagine what they are doing inside. 

I hear a 'come in' and I take a deep breath before going inside, for my surprise, Miss Romanoff is sitting in front of the accountant's desk and the other woman is standing serving two glasses of water.

"Y/N, what's up?" She turns her head around to look at me.

"You have an important call, they said it can't wait." She rolls her eyes, is she kidding?

"Y/N, this is Lou, our accountant" She points the other woman and then me, "Loe, she's Y/N, my new assistant." 

"Nice to meet you, Miss" 

"The pleasure is mine, darling." She smiles at me and I gulp, Miss Romanoff therefore, looks at the other woman and rolls her eyes again. She gets up from her chair and walks out with me. We reach the elevator and go to our respectives offices.

I spend the rest of the day reviewing plans, events, and trips. Schedule and rearrange appointments for tomorrow and when I look at the clock it's already 5pm and I hear Miss Romanoff calling me into her office.

"You called me, Miss Romanoff?" I stand halfway at the door.

"Yes, come in and close the door." I do what she says and stand in front of her desk, I hope I didn't do nothing wrong.

A/N: What do u think that Miss Romanoff is going to say? I read you 👀