𝙎𝙖𝙧𝙖𝙝'𝙨 𝙘𝙖𝙨𝙚

⚠️TW mentions of child abuse, if you're not comfortable you can skip the chapter.

"Hello little one, my name is Y/N," I say to the little girl sitting in front of me "I already know your name, but would you mind repeating it to me?" I smile at her and she at me.

"I'm Sarah, Miss Y/N." she swings her little legs on the couch.

"It's nice to finally meet you, Sarah, and you can just call me Y/N, okay?" She nods and looks at me waiting for me to continue, "Do you know why we're here today?"

"Because I misbehave at school?" she puts her little hands under her legs, she feels embarrassed.

"No little girl, we are here so you can talk about whatever you want."

She begins to talk to me about school and how she likes natural sciences, reading books and recess.

Her teacher, Miss Logan, always helps her when she doesn't do her homework or stays with her when her babysitter forgets to pick her up.

She tells me that she has a friend, Rose, with whom they play hide and seek and with whom she finishes class activities first.

Then a kid, Liam, sometimes annoys her, she gets a little nervous telling me, but she's confident enough to say it out loud. He pulls her hair, sometimes her clothes, or pinches her.

"Like mommy does." and then she says this.

"Liam treats you like your mom, Sarah?"

"Yes, but he does that to other girls too, my mom only to me."

"And how does your mom treat you? Do you think you can tell me something?" Concern and fear appears on her face. She bites the inside of her mouth before speaking and curls her fingers around the edge of her shirt.

"No, Miss Y/N, I can't tell you what she does." she shakes her head, her voice trembling as she speaks.

"Is this a secret between you and your mom, Sarah?"

"Yes, that's why I shouldn't tell you," she tilts her head, hesitating whether to go on or not, I nod and encourage her to speak, "she says things will get worse if I tell our secret."

"Well Sarah, you did very well, okay?" She smiles and nods, "Would you like to draw a little?"

"Yessss!"

We both sat on the floor, white pages and crayons scattered everywhere, the work is to draw our family. I observe her strokes, her lines, how she pressed the crayons a little hard than normal, a lot of red, a lot of black.

Start by drawing a girl, herself in the middle of the page, her arms hidden behind her back in the draw. Then a man, her father, who is in a corner of the page looking, seems to go the other way. And finally her mother, who draws her completely red, with a curved line in her hands.

I swallow hard and try not to let my feelings interfere with the session, I wanted to be wrong, I wished not to know what it means.

Sarah looks so adorable, her tongue sticking out of her mouth as she presses her lips against it, her face of concentration focused on the drawing.

Her pants ride up a bit due to her having her legs bent, I see a bit of purple skin, I inspect her body a bit more for other signs. I can't find more since she has her school uniform and it's a long shirt.

"I'm done, Miss Y/N! Do you like it?" she proudly holds the drawing,  smiles at me and I melt into place, how can anyone hurt this girl?

You asked yourself the same thing.