9

Sumer Miller
22

"I crossed a line daddy he supposed to be an patient and I slipped up I know I'm wrong but he's really sweet an-"

"lemme stop you there, You know what else is really sweet? money. You never play where you lay yo head at if you done messed with that man he prolly think yall together now no matter how small you think you did in his head it's extremely big"

"He has a daughter.."

"you've met his daughter?"

"he's brought her to get her hair done by me but by the next day I kicked him out he yelled at me"

"and now are yall talking?"

"yes literally because he had an appointment today with me but  besides that no I just don't know what to do I want him but it's wrong I could lose everything I've worked for 4 years in college down the drain because I can't sit down"

"you sound like a sick puppy almost like me when yo mom died"

"daddy I'm sorry I kn-"

"it's fine niggas have lost worst but I tell you what you do since he's a "hard person " you leave him alone. Because that's simply not true."

"daddy it is true he's diagnosed with ptsd and more me leaving him alone will simply prove his delusions and more right when their wrong"

"your just like your mother Summer you always wanna be right he left easily because he needed you to understand he's not gonna beg to be around you or with yall are both equals no matter what you do for him and he for you you have to understand not everyone wants to be profiled and etc and don't say ya don't do it because yes you do ya just can't help it sometimes."

" so talk to him?"

"WHAT do you think?"

I purse my lips at my daddy looking off the porch as I ate his watermelon rocking in the rocking chair on the porch as he did in the other.

Daddy was so mean sometimes he don't know Anthony mouth like I do he's got an smart mouth too.

Pretty soon after that me and daddy ate dinner though and I cleaned up putting him and I left overs in different take out plates, I came and saw daddy every week on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

I used to come more than this but he said I was cramping his style he was playing but I know to every joke there's a truth and maybe I was crowding my dad.

I was just scared he was gonna leave me too and I needed every ounce of love I could get from my daddy.

But as I was driving home that night I thought about what we talked about pertaining to my little situation.

And I get it but I'm Almost never wrong for real I pull into my parking space at home.

Yes, I left the gate open Jazz is still on her period and my baby boy he ain going nowhere when that tv on so it was all good.

I got out my car grabbing my plate and heading to my porch I'm so stupid for not cutting on da lights though knowing I hate when I can't see outside my house.

I sigh stepping up getting my keys ready to go in as I unlocked my bottom and top lock.

Going in my home I locked it back as I got in doing my nightly ritual, leftovers to the fridge they went.

In the shower I put on hot water than warm, I brushed my teeth, fixed my hair for tonight braiding it up in which ian gon lie that took some time.

Than I had braided tight too felt good knowing it was gon look good in the morning but dang girl! I go and oil it down and tye on my head scarf than threw on my bonnet .