Feel The Same Way

“Maintenance looks good. Hela didn’t cause any lasting damage to the ship that should be any concern in the future. And if Loki and Korg can steer this thing, it should be a piece of piss for me. Now, it should take about 4 months to get to Midgard, give or take. Fuel tanks are all filled to brim, loads of rooms with toilets and bathtubs and even their own little kitchens – all stocked with booze and snacks. Thankfully for us, The Grandmaster’s known for his greed – like most tyrants – so, we should have enough food and water to sustain us for at least 6 months. That’s providing we assemble a bit of order. We could probably get by quite comfortably if we just ration every other week. Obviously, the kids and the elderly come first, and get a little extra anyway. Unfortunately, the clothing situation isn’t looking too good, but there’s robes and towels in the guest rooms, and I figured that food and water is a lot more important, anyway. So – hey.” Brunnhilde stops, taps him on the shoulder to stop with her, arches a brow, and fights back a knowing smirk as she asks, “Are you even listening to me?”

“What?” Thor quickly pulls himself back out of his drifting and rather jumbled thoughts. “Oh, yes, uh... tyrants; enough food and water; but no clothes.”

Brunnhilde does smirk then, folds her arms over her chest as she stares at him. “You’re pretty much done here for the evening. I just wanted to let you know what the situation is with the ship.”

She smiles as her eyes drift around to the small clumps of people merely chatting or passed out sleeping on the floor, while others try to make themselves useful with getting the children settled, or simply exploring the ship (their temporary new home) for themselves.

“And they just wanted to make sure you really do still want to be their king.”

Thor nods. “They are probably just wondering if I’m up to the task. And I don’t blame them.”

Brunnhilde rolls her eyes, smile widening with fondness as she tells him, “You saved them. You cared enough to come back for them, instead of just abandoning them to be free.”

“I wouldn’t have been free.” Thor shakes his head, glances around at his people as he tells her, “Letting them all die when I could have even possibly prevented it would have haunted me for the rest of my days.”

Brunnhilde nods, smile softening as she then tells him, “And that’s why you’re up to the task.”

Thor simply shoots her a small smile in return.

Brunnhilde is then back to smirking, and rather suggestively so as she chimes in with, “Sooo... it looks like I interrupted something earlier...” She ignores his slowly narrowing eye, grins and unabashedly asks him, “You two finally pull each other's heads out of your arses? If I hadn’t had interrupted, would you two finally be fucking right now instead?”

Thor rolls his one existing eye, mentally curses himself, because he knows he’s blushing like a young maiden. “I’ve barely just managed to tell her how I feel about her, so, no.” He grits firmly out, wears a pointed look. “Are you drunk?”

“Come on, really? Of course I’m drunk. When am I not drunk?” Brunnhilde arches an unimpressed brow. “Gimme a break. I’m celebrating not dying... Again.”

Thor shakes his head, but smiling both fondly and gratefully as he finally says, “Thank you for your help. For fighting beside me. For fighting for your people.”

“Yeah, no problem.” Brunnhilde gives an awkward shrug, but is smiling, too. “So, was I right?” She chuckles when he shoots her a confused look. “Does she feel the same way about you?”