Taking Care of a Pregnant Wife (Saimatsu)

Requested by @kiwiboy12

Shuichi pulled a chair out from the table, and guided his pregnant wife down onto it. Kaede noticed that something felt different about the chair, and looked down to see a cushion had been placed onto it. "Didn't want you to sit uncomfortably", explained Shuichi. The blonde woman chuckled. Her husband turned to the kitchen counter and picked up a plate of kushikatsu, then placed it on the dining table. Kaede's mouth watered as soon as the scent of the skewered food entered her nostrils.

Shuichi gestured at the meal, as if giving his wife the signal to dig in. She happily did so, gobbling up the kushikatsu fast, but not too fast to look like some pig. Shuichi chuckled and took a kushikatsu for himself, and ate it rather gently. As he did this, he reminisced about a moment similar to this one that occurred two months earlier, to the time Kaede first told him she was pregnant.

Flashback

Kaede prepared the table and sat down a bowl of udon. At that time, Shuichi walked in and smelt the meal. "What smells so good?", he asked. "I made udon", answered Kaede. "Does it really smell good?" "I've said so, didn't I?"

The couple shared a light laugh. "Well, I guess we should start eating then." Shuichi sat down by the table and picked up his chopsticks. He put one of the noodles in his mouth and hummed in satisfaction. "It tastes good, too." Kaede smiled excitedly. She has always been insecure of her cooking.

As she sat down, Shuichi began to notice that he was the only one eating. "Didn't you make some for yourself?", he asked. Kaede shook her head. "Just felt like wanting to spoil you." "Is there any occasion?" Kaede shrugged. "I guess you could say that." Shuichi swallowed a noodle and put his chopsticks down next to the bowl. "Okay, so what's up?"

Kaede moved her leg rapidly as if she were anxious. In fact, she was. She was about to deliver the biggest life changing news, so her feeling was understandable. "Um, you know, I can't stop thinking about the other night." "The other night?", asked Shuichi. "Oh you know", began Kaede, looking to the side. "I bought some new lingerie." Shuichi's face went red.

"O-oh. That night." "Don't be embarrassed, honey. You were great. Really great." Shuichi scratched his cheek with his index finger. "Thanks. But where are you going with this?" Kaede took a deep inhale, then exhaled. She took out something from her pocket and put it on the table, then slid it across to her husband. He eyed it suspiciously, then picked it up for a closer look.

His eyes widened upon seeing what was in his hand. It looked like a thermometer, only the screen didn't show numbers. It showed lines. Two of them. Shuichi was holding a pregnancy test, and it was positive. "K-Kaede? Is this...does this mean...?" The blonde young woman nodded. "Yes. I'm... pregnant, Shuichi. I'm pregnant with your baby. You're going to be dad."

Shuichi was speechless. His mouth was moving as if wanting to say something, but nothing would come out. But as the saying goes, actions speak louder than words, and action is what Shuichi did. He hopped out of his seat and dashed at his wife, hugging her tight enough to nearly suffocate her. "This is amazing, Kaede!" The young man hopped around with his lover in his arms. "I'm gonna be a dad! A dad, Kaede! I'm going to have a kid! We're going to have a kid!" Shuichi's eyes widened as if remembering something.

"I shouldn't be eating this!", he exclaimed, picking up his bowl of udon. "You should be eating this! It's good for the baby!" Kaede took the bowl and put it back down on table. "Honey, calm down. Deep breaths." Shuichi followed his wife's instructions. "Right. Sorry. I'm just excited", he said. Kaede hugged her husband. "Me too, sweetie. Me too."

Flashback end

Ever since then, Shuichi has been more helpful as can be. Kaede can't remember the last time she's done anything. The moment Shuichi was around, he was always doing something just to help his pregnant wife.

The couple finished their kushikatsu and decided to take a well deserved rest on their couch. As they sat down, Kaede let out a yawn. Shuichi kissed the side of her head and gently rested it on his shoulder. "Are you tired? If so, you can sleep if you want." Kaede didn't disagree. She knew she was tired. She closed her eyes and allowed the sleep to take her over.

As his pregnant wife rested, Shuichi grabbed his laptop and started it up. He went onto the internet, and began to search for furniture for an nursery.