Watermelon Fragrance (Maou x Emi)

"Emi!", called out Rika. "Look what I found!" The redheaded woman turned around to see her friend running at her. "Slow down, Rika. We're in a store. People will think you're crazy." "Like that hasn't happened with you and Maou." "They didn't think I was crazy", said Emi with her arms crossed. "You're right", said Rika with a shrug. "But it did make them think you guys were married."

Emi rolled her eyes. "Are you trying to imply something?" "Maybe~", said Rika, trying to sound innocent. "We've only been dating for a year and a month, Rika", explained Emi. "Don't plan too far ahead." "Okay, okay. You're right. But back to the real topic...." Rika showed her friend the object that she was holding in her hand. It was a bottle of shampoo.

"Okay?", said Emi, unsure of what her reaction is really supposed to be. "Look at the flavor", said Rika. "It's watermelon. Have you ever seen a flavor like that?" "Yes. Watermelon flavored candy." "But this is shampoo!", explained Rika. "You know what? I'm gonna buy this." "Knock yourself out", said Emi. Before she could walk further, her phone started ringing in her pocket.

"Hello?" "Hey", greeted Maou from the other side. "You still at the store?" "Yes? Why? Do you need anything?" "Some new shampoo, yeah. We're all out." "Okay. Got it. See you soon." Emi ended the call and turned to Rika. "Where did you find that shampoo?" Rika smirked then pointed down the aisle behind her where she was earlier. "Right that way."

. . .

"Do you really want me to come?", asked Maou from behind the door. "You don't have to", Emi yelled over the water spraying down on her in the shower. She took the bottle of shampoo that she had bought earlier and squirted some in her hand, then washed it through her hair. She caught a whiff of it, and made an impressed hum. "That's not actually half bad", she thought.

"But do you want me to?", asked Maou. "To be honest, if you come with me, then this one guy at the office will get off my back." "One guy?" "Just someone who keeps flirting with all the female coworkers. Never catches a hint. Thought I could get him off my back if I showed him I actually have a boyfriend." "Even if that boyfriend works at a fast food restaurant?", asked Maou.

"Even that", said Emi. Her boyfriend shrugged and straightened the tie he was wearing. "Say no more." Emi closed the tap, finishing her shower. She got out, and started drying herself off. "Can I come in?", asked Maou. "We are not going to have sex. Especially since we need to be at the party in about an hour." "Do you really see me that way", asked Maou with a sly grin.

"Get out", growled Emi. "Come on. Don't be like that", said Maou as he walked over to his lover and hugged her from behind. His nose rested on the back of her head, where the scent of the shampoo she had used just now entered his nostrils. "Hm. That's new." "It's watermelon", said Emi. "Watermelon? I've only ever seen that kind of flavor go for candy. I kinda like it, to be honest."

"Well, you've had your sniff, now get out", said Emi as she pushed her boyfriend out the bathroom. "I am not getting ready while you're gawking at my ass." "But it's a nice ass", joked Maou when he was finally through the door. Before it could close, he grabbed a strand of his girlfriend's hair and took another whiff. "I am really liking that shampoo." Emi rolled her eyes and shut the door, leaving Maou to laugh like an idiot. He only had to wait for about fifteen minutes before his redheaded lover was finished getting dressed.

"Hey, could you look at me?", asked Maou. Emi turned to him, and watched as her boyfriend lifted her braided strand of her by his finger and hold it close to his nose. "You're not going to stop this, are you?" "You can't expect to get a new shampoo and not have get interested to it", explained Maou. "Besides...." He placed a kiss on the red haired woman's lips. "The smell really suits you." Emi looked down at Maou's chest, then glanced back to his face. "Well, that tie doesn't suit you", she said while grabbing said tie.

She straightened it a bit and made it look more proper. "And now it does." The couple both shared a light laugh, then walked out the door together. "You know, now that I think about it, you're kinda like a watermelon." "How so?" "Red hair. Green eyes. Do the math." Emi rolled her eyes. "Sorry I asked."