New Family Member (Rokubeni)

The car slowly parked on the driveway. Once it was in the right spot, it shut down. The door to the driver's seat opened, and a young man hopped out and made his way to the side of the car with the passenger's seat. He opened the door, where he saw his wife holding a small sleeping infant in her arms. "We're home", said the man with a bit of excitement while looking at his child.

"My eyes are up here, Rokuro", said his wife. "I know, but our baby is down there, Benio." Benio laughed lightly and treaded out of the car, then walked alongside her husband up to their house. Rokuro opened the door and turned on the lights. The action made the couple's child's eyes flutter a bit before they started opening up. She let out a whimper.

Benio gently bounced her baby in her arms and quietly shushed her. "It's okay. It was just the light. You can go back to sleep." The infant's mouth opened wide into a yawn, and then it went back to sleep like her mother said. "I think we definitely gave her a fitting name", said Rokuro. "What, Himiko?", asked his wife. "Yeah. It means sun, remember?" Benio laughed lightly.

"And she is our little bundle of sunshine." Rokuro placed a kiss on his lover's cheek. "I'm gonna go get ready for bed." "Okay. I'll stay here with Himiko." "Mother daughter bonding time? Does this mean I'll be alone with her once you're gonna get ready?" Benio shrugged. "Most likely." Rokuro chuckled. "Well you two have fun then. See you in a bit." And with that, Rokuro left the room.

Benio sat on the couch, cradling her newborn in her arms and closely admiring all of her adorable features. She was honestly in so much disbelief. Never in a million years did she ever see herself becoming a mother. Yet, here she was. Sitting on a couch, in her home, married to the kindest, bravest man she's ever known, and holding the child both of them conceived out of love. "I won't let anything happen to you. Ever", Benio said softly. And after she did, she swore she could see the baby smile in her sleep.

"I'm back", whispered Rokuro, who came back into the room dressed in his sleepwear. Benio smiled at him, and handed Himiko over to her husband. "You two had fun?" "Just a conversation. Nothing too exciting." "I'll see that for myself", said Rokuro as he sat down on the couch with his daughter. Benio made her way to the bedroom, where she would repeat her husband's actions and dress herself up for bed. The said man kept his eyes glued to his child, having the same feeling of disbelief his wife has had just earlier.

"I made you", Rokuro said to himself as he inspected Himiko's face. "Me and your mom. And to think I thought I was gonna die a virgin." The young man then chuckled awkwardly. "I should probably not talk about grown up stuff with you. You're still just a kid after all. Not that you can hear me, since you're asleep." Himiko shuffled a bit in her sleep, making her father practically squeal in his mind. He always wondered why father's were overprotective of their daughters, but upon looking at the infant in his arms, he understood now.

"Why did you have to be so damn adorable", Rokuro said while resisting the urge to hug his baby daughter tightly in his arms. "Ready for bed?", asked Benio, who stood by the doorway. Rokuro carefully stood up and carried his daughter to his and his wife's bedroom. He rested her down in the middle, then lied down beside her. Benio joined them and crawled into bed. The couple both looked down at there daughter.

"Starting tomorrow, we're going to be parents", said Benio. "You're making me too excited to fall asleep", said Rokuro. "Then the feeling will be mutual", said Benio. The couple shared a laugh, then immediately silenced themselves upon hearing Himiko shuffle in her sleep. "She is just too precious", said Benio. "Agreed", said her husband. Both of them carefully placed a kiss on both sides of their daughter's head then continued to look at their daughter until the both of them drifted off to sleep.