| T W E N T Y - F O U R |

After one more day at the hospital, we were finally released.

There was nothing wrong with her, but the doctor wanted us to stay just one more day to make sure she was perfect. And she was. She left hospital in perfect health.

She's premature and in perfect health.

We're so damn lucky.

Fred had to leave me just for an hour while I was still at the hospital, it was to get me a change of clothes, the carrier for the baby, clothes for the baby, and guess what, an iced coffee.

I chugged that large iced coffee so quick. Like, it was gone in a minute.

Anyways, Fred was back quickly. Then we dressed Emmy in her first ever outfit.

She had a white long sleeved onesie on and off white pants, and white socks- and a white hat with black polka dots on them.

I know, a lot of white, but holy shit, she was adorable.

I got a million pictures of her wearing the clothes.

Now, we just walked into the house. Fred was carrying the carrier with Emery fast asleep in it. I was on my third cup of iced coffee.

I was moving fast up the stairs and Fred chuckled. "Someone's hyper." He said.

"If I stop, I crash. So when we lay her down, I think I'm going to start unpacking everything and also start buying more things online. Make another dent in your credit card. Kalen texted me this morning and said him and Draco came in yesterday and brought all my packages up from the front steps to the nursery and stacked them. Thank god, it rained last night."

Fred opened the door to the nursery and walked in, I followed after him, seeing all the boxes piled along the wall.

Fred sat the carrier down on the ground then crouched down in front of it and undid the buckles, then slipped his hands under her. "Ready?" He looked up at me. I smiled and nodded.

Then he picked her up and she did the newborn scrunch.

"Oh my god!" I awed.

Freddie chuckled and kissed my temple. "You're adorable." He whispered to me.

He then laid her down in her crib.

"Oh," I grabbed the light pink pacifier from my bag then leaned over the crib and put it in Emery's mouth; she gladly took it.

The doctor said we should start early with the pacifier, just in case we do find problems with latching to the bottle in the future.

"Perfect." I whispered.

She looked up at us with her two different coloured eyes, but then she closed them, and suddenly, she was asleep. I wish I could fall asleep that fast.

I took a step back but Fred stayed still, looking down at her just for a couple more moments, then turned to me.

"You ordered a lot of shit- is that a rug?"

"I was panicking." I mumbled.

"I'll go get the scissors."

When he left, I started grabbing boxes, starting to guess what was in them. I'm guessing this small one is bottles and this big one diapers. I sat down on the ground and started pulling boxes over to sort by size.

Freddie came back in the room and crouched down in front of me, "now, I'm going to give you these sharp things called scissors. They can cut you and stab you. They are very sharp. They are used to cut tape. Keep your fingers a few centimetres away from the blade at all times. Do not hold the sharp object near your stomach, or your face, or your legs, or anywhere. If you need help, then ask me."