| T H I R T Y - F O U R |

Brooklyn's POV:

Emmy is four months. So around 16 weeks. She's getting so big!

That's not the point though. The point is: Fred is going to the shop for the first time (to work) since Emmy was born.

I'm getting left alone with her!

I can't be left alone with her!

I need Fred!

"I think Emmy is running a fever. You should stay home." I said to Freddie. I was holding Emmy at my side, my forearm under her bum and the other hand holding onto her cute little thigh. She seems to like being held like this now, especially since she can hold her head up on her own. I still lean her forward against me though.

"She was fine 15 minutes ago." Freddie said with a soft smile as he buttoned up his white work shirt. "You're going to be fine. I'm going to be gone for five hours. That's it. Half the time she sleeps for seven hours throughout the day."

"What if she starts crying?" I said.

"You know what to do if she starts crying. The same thing you've been doing for four months."

"But you won't be here...."

"You don't need me."

"Yes I do!"

"Love, you got this. I wouldn't leave you if I didn't think that."

"But- but she needs her dad. We both know she likes you more than she likes me-"

"Bee, you're just overthinking."

"I can't go five hours without even without a baby!" I said as I followed after him as he walked out of the bedroom.

"There such things as a phone. I'm certain you have one." He said as he walked down the stairs.

"It's not the same."

He turned around once I was on the second last step and he was on ground level. "It's just for today. Okay? I'm not going there tomorrow. We're just short people. George is at home helping El because Grayson is sick, two other employees are sick and one is getting married, or something I don't really know."

"So this isn't a new normal?" I asked.

"Not right now. I'm trying to figure out my schedule. I do need to work at the shop sometimes though. And when you're ready to go back to work- which doesn't need to be anytime soon, we can figure out a schedule then too."

"We're able to schedule days to go into work?"

"Perks of being your own boss." He said with a wink then placed a kiss on my lips. "Is it okay if I go now?"

"No." I mumbled. I went down the last two steps and followed him to the door.

"There's food like, everywhere in this house. Make sure you eat lunch."

"Yes sir." I said. He hummed and dipped his head down, kissing the top of Emmy's head. She smiled and babbled up at him.

"Bye pretty girl." He whispered and kissed me over my lips.

"Bye handsome." I whispered against his lips.

He didn't move though. He kissed me again. Then again. And again.

"Freddie." I giggled.

"I know." He sighed, but kissed me again. "I love you."

"I love you." I said with a smile. "I'll see you in five hours."

"Mhm." He hummed, then took a step back and walked out the front door.

He seems super excited.

"Okay," I said and looked down at Emmy. "What are we going to do today sweetie?" I could do laundry. I don't mind doing laundry. Yeah, I'll do laundry I could clean. The house is already steam though... I could still wipe down the counters. Dishes, I'm definitely going to do dishes. It's nice outside, I could bundle Emmy up and go for a walk. It's already November 20th, but it's not that cold.