| S I X T Y - T W O |

"You're the one who wanted the story!" I said as Emmy ran in almost a circle. I was sitting on the floor in her room, my legs crossed with a book in my hand.

I guess she should get her zoomies out before she goes to bed...

"Don't you want to hear about the fluffy kitty. Look, it's actually fluffy." I said and showed her her book. She stopped moving and looked at me, a pacifier crooked in her mouth and her bunny trapped under her left arm from its neck. "You love this book baby."

She looked at me, her chest heaving, then she ran out of the room.

God, it's so obvious that that's my kid.

"Where do you think you're going?" I heard Freddie say from the hallway, but I wasn't nervous about Emmy going down the stairs anyways. She's always been scared of them even when she crawled. She tends to stay away from going down them, but will crawl up them.

"Uppies." I heard Emmy say back.

Then Freddie walked into the room, in only grey sweatpants (yummy) carrying Emmy at his side. "Lose your kid?"

"She ran away!" I exclaimed.

"Dada read." Emmy said. Fred took the pacifier away from her so her words weren't muffled.

"I have to go make your bottle so mama's gonna have to read." Fred said as he walked up to me.

"Dada!" She said.

Um, ouch.

"You want babas baby?" I asked. She gasped. "Yeah, then come here."

Fred sat her back down on the floor and Emmy nudged herself between my arms and sat down in the hole made from my crossed legs.

Freddie left the room as I opened the book and started reading the few words on the cardboard pages, letting her touch the textured of the cat. She loves this book because of the textures.

By the time Freddie was back, Emmy had her head tilted back on my chest and I was letting her flip pages so she could feel.

She didn't left her head when Fred crouched down in front of her, she just reached her hand out. "What do you say Bean?"

"Babas pease." She mumbled. Then Freddie helped her hold it and she brought it to her mouth. She fussed a little when I held the bottom of it for her but then was fine when she started getting milk.

Fred switched down to sit across from me instead of crouching and grabbed the book from my hand, looking over the cover then put it down.

I let out a little yawn and blinked heavily. "Her sleep schedule is syncing with mine."

It's 7pm.

"You wanna go to bed after this?" He asked.

"Nice try. You're trying to get out of that movie."

"Bee, either way we aren't watching it."

"Yes we are— oh wait, no we're not." That's even better!

I looked down at Emmy and saw her eyes were closed but she was still sucking.

"I'm so glad I didn't breastfeed or sitting like this would be a little awkward. Especially cause of your phobia." I said.

"I don't have a phobia of breastfeeding," Fred stated, "I just don't know what to do when Ellie just pulls her boob out."

"Compliment her." I joked.

He didn't find it funny.

The bottle wasn't big, since she already had one earlier on, so Emmy finished it quickly. Then Freddie picked her up carefully so he didn't wake her, and laid her down in her crib. I got up to my feet too and out the book back on the shelf, turned out the warm yellow lamp, then followed him out of the room, closing the door a little but not all the way.