Homecoming (Maggie & Yuji)

It's just like seeing her for the first time again. 💕
-For the First Time by Mac Demarco

(I highly recommend this song or FaceTime by Ari Lennox for this chapter 🌸) ~
Happy Valentine's Day 💗💗💗
(💗This is a LONG chapter💗)

Yuji's POV

"I can't stay up late like you can. I'm an old man now. Sleep is a precious commodity." I remark, checking my watch and standing to my feet.

Ryeo laughs and looks up from his phone.
"You act 100 years old, father.. Have you called mom yet? She's been texting me all day making sure that I'm eating. I didn't think she'd be this worried. I'm starting to feel bad.."
He sighed.

I got up from one of the Airbnb's huge living room couches and stretched until I heard my back pop. Ryeo shot me a concerned look but I waved him off.
"Like I said... I'm an old man. I'll go and call your mother now. Try to get some sleep. We have alot of walking to do tomorrow if we're going to reach the art museum in time."

Ryeo's eyes lit up and his mouth fell open in disbelief.
"We-We're going?! But how.. it's.. it's been sold out for wee-"! He rambled excitedly.

I walked around the couch and placed a hand on his head, ruffling his curly hair. It was a habit of mine since he was a small child..

"I made plans for it a year in advance. I know you take your art seriously... How could I not do even this for my son?"
I answered. The Guggenheim Museum was all that his son would talk about over the past year and a half. He'd be so happy sharing tiny details about the architectural design of the building and its many floors but then his smile would dim.. I overheard him talking to Maggie one night about it and when his smile left his face, his mother asked him where his sunshine went. I'll never forget what his response was: "It's not like I'll ever see it anyway.. I'm sorry that I'm rambling about an art museum."

Those words cut me to the core.. What parent would not make heaven and earth move if it would bring joy to their child? My family was my pride and joy..

Ryeo smiled, composing himself and nodding.
"Thank you, father..."

"I love you, my son.. Goodnight."
I called over my shoulder as I walked back to my separate room with thoughts of a shower on my mind. My hands rummaged around in the duffel bag next to the bathroom door until I found the red button up I'd bought the day before.

There wasn't a moment more to spare. I was clean shaven and still towel drying my hair when I propped my phone up on the nightstand to begin my FaceTime call with Maggie. The phone rang for a good bit before I heard jostling on her end of the call. The screen was pitch black but not for too long when I heard the familiar sound of a light switch being flipped. I smiled and felt myself getting excited at the sight of Maggie's sleepy face filling the screen, her cleavage spilling out of the lacy nightie she was currently wearing. A black silly bonnet held her hair at bay and bobbed along her shoulders with every movement of her body. Small curses left her lips as she tried and failed to prop the phone up. She was triumphant in the end and sat up on her knees at the edge of the bed, pushing the large duvet around her. It was so cute especially the way she was rubbing at her tired eyes.

"Hey baby.." she greeted me, stretching her arms over her head. "Is Ryeo sleeping?"

I nod.
"We've got a long day ahead of us tomorrow. I want to get to the museum as soon as it opens. I may be an old man but I've always been an early riser."

Maggie laughs, nodding her head in agreement.
"Don't I know it. Everyday I roll over, scared to death. There you are, eyes wide open. Don't you sleep?"

Sake and Sweat: Yakuza Boy One Shots, Fluff and Scenarios (ON HOLD)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara