Buddie System (Kida and Yuji)

Young Yuji and Kida in this scenario

Yuji, 20 and Kida, 19

************************************************
The Boss sat at his desk and looked over the letter with a scoff. He threw the letter on the floor and turned his attention to the newly recruited clan members. Some of the stood awkwardly, trying to puff out there chests to look menacing but he didn't have to look close to know that many of them were scared for their lives and for good reason.. Five of the newest recruits had been killed in the past week but he made sure everyone pulled their weight.

He had an idea..

The Boss stood from his desk and sighed.
"これでペアで旅行します。"

The young men started to look around at one another wondering who would be grouped together.
Takahashi Yuji dug his hands in his pockets and hoped that whoever he was paired with knew when to shut their mouth. Yuji was social to an extent and only spoke when necessary. The timid young man he was when he started was replaced with a quiet, calculating young man. He showed promise and the older members had developed respect for him. Yuji has completed three high stakes missions on his own and preferred to work alone...

The Boss walked through the rows of men, looking each of them in the eye before he started to pair them up. When he got to Yuji his eyebrow rose and he scanned the remaining number of men slowly before his eyes fell on a shorter man with long hair. The young man held his head up higher when he locked eyes with the boss.
"Takahashi Yuji, Sato Kida.."

The old man didn't throw the men a second glance and moved onto the next member. Yuji and Kida glanced at one another briefly.

******
Sato Kida approached Yuji calmly and bowed his head toward him.
"兄.." He spoke.

Yuji returned the head nod in response.
"私は前にあなたに会ったことがあります.."
He added.

Kids nodded. Kida had heard of Yuji but had never put the face to the name. Yuji was not what he had expected with his short hair and crazy tattoos. His eyes lingered on the black cross that was tattooed down Yuji's throat before Yuji pulled a cigarette carton from his pocket.
"あなたは何カ国語を話しますか?"

Yuji extended his hand, offering a cigarette to Kida but Kida declined. All his memories of smoking were dark. They always brought him back to the man that used to come visit his mother when he was young.. He always smoked cigarettes and occasionally put them out on Kida's arms.. Kida felt a shiver run down his spine but shook it off. Now wasn't the time to cry..
"二.."

Yuji nodded, taking a long drag from cigarette then letting the smoke exit through his nose as if he were a dragon.
"English?"

Kida made a so-so hand gesture.
He picked up quite a bit from tourists over the years.

"A little."
Kida responded.

Yuji studied Kida silently, threw down his cigarette and motioned for Kida to follow him. Their task was to collect money from a few restaurant owners in Chiba.. Yuji hadn't eaten all day and decided that now was as good a time as ever...

Yuji drove and Kida rode passenger. The entire ride was silent and Kida was grateful for that. Yuji didn't look like the talkative type anyways. The car was parked a few blocks away from Matsudo main area. The streets were full of people and some of them hurried along when they saw the two men exit the car. Yuji spotted Tonikaku and his mouth watered. They'd start there after he had a bowl of Abura-soba with spicy ball.

Kids messed with his suit sleeve and his stomach growled when they passed through the restaurant's doors. He hadn't eaten all day.. They sat down at a table near the back and a pretty woman took their orders, staring at the Kida as she did. Kida smirked at the woman and she pushed a piece of hair behind her ear. She scurried off with a blush and Yuji hummed lowly.

Yuji happened to know that the young lady that had just taken their order was like a daughter to a lot of the staff. Kida was the best option out of the two to get the job done..

"We will eat and then you will get that woman to take you to the restaurant manager so you can collect the money.."

Kida's eyes widened.
"Me?"

Yuji nodded.
"She likes you.. Use that for your benefit."

Kida swallowed hard and nodded. He was scared but he had to prove himself.

Their meals came out fifteen minutes later and both of them ate quickly, cleaning their plates after having gone too long without. Kida made a mental note to return to the restaurant in the future because of the delicious food. When the young lady returned, she had their checks for them to pay. She laid them on the table and  Kida laid his hand over hers softly. The girl gasped and blushed furiously.
"有り難う. かわいいね.." Kida spoke sweetly.

The young woman thanked him, smiling widely. They held eye contact for a while before Kida asked if he could speak with the manager because her service was exceptional. The woman's eyes sparkled and she nodded.

"I will wait outside. I will come back inside in twenty minutes.."
Yuji stated. He threw money on the table to cover both of their meals and exited the restaurant quickly.

Kida ran a hand through his hair and made his way to the front of the restaurant where the manager was waiting. The manager's smile fell when he saw Kida and his shoulders sagged.
"「私に従ってください、サー"

The waitress looked up from her current customers and watched Kida disappear behind one of the staff only doors. She thought that was very odd...

*****
Yuji stared down at the watch on his wrist. It was almost time to see what was taking Kida so long when the man in question exited the front entrance with a smile on his face and his hands in his pockets.
Yuji let his arms fall to his sides and cocked his head.
"No trouble?"

Kida shook his head and reached inside his suit jacket's inner pocket to retrieve the envelope stuffed with Yen notes. Yuji nodded and remarked on how great of a job Kida did. Kida smiled and Yuji wore a small smile of his own.

"Good job. I'll take care of the next one."

************************************************

We're so close to Halloween.

Anybody have any plans?

I'm just going to eat food with my roommate and watch scary movies all day. Might play some Dead by Daylight too

As always,
Thank you for reading, commenting and voting.

_Maddie ❤️