two

Laila Rae Jones
10:00pm
November 2, 2006

Atlanta, Georgia

As me and Aunesti were in the car, Jabari kept calling, sending voicemails, and texting me. As he called for the 100th time i answered.

"What Jabari."

"Bruh, Laila bring me my fuckin child back. ian playin eit you. i fuckin swear to god you better bring my child back before you be dead." he said yelling through the phone. I could tell he was mad and was ready to do whatever to get her.

"Me and her goin onna girl trip, you gon seen her eventually." I said with a smirk knowing he probably wouldn't.

"Laila Im not fuckin playin wit u." He said.

I could tell he was gettin madder by the second. I started to regret my actions, but I remembered that this was for the best.

As she thought..

"Laila- I know you can hear me. bring me my damn child back." He said waiting for me to respond.

"Bye Jabari."

And with that I hung up on him. Aunesti was in the back asleep with tear stains and snot on her face. I knew this was the last time we would ever be in contact with him. Jabari didnt fuck with the feds and I didnt know if he had anyone that could find my location.

Little did she know Jabari eventually found people to track her location and find his child. But it was already too late when he did.

20 minutes later...

Me and Aunesti started going through the Atlanta airport, and we were almost at our gate. She stopped crying and I cleaned her face up to the point that she looked like she hadnt been crying at all.

We finally got to our gate and were called to enter the plane and find our seats. We found them and I got comfortable before the plane started to fly. Once the plane took off Aunesti drifted back to sleep and didnt wake up until we landed.

Laila Rae Jones
midnight
November 3, 2006

New Orleans, Louisiana

Once we landed I got me and Aunesti's things and took her hand throughout the airport. Once we got outside we found our uber and I put Aunesti in the car. The man driving took our bags and put them in the trunk while I went in the car to sit with Aunesti.

I admired her features, there was no doubt that she was a beautiful baby. She had full heart shaped lips, a head full of hair, chubby cheeks, and long eyelashes. She looked just like Jabari but she had some of my facial features aswell.

While I looked at her sleeping self, I started to drift off as well.

1 hour later...

"Ma'am, we've made it to your first destination." The man said as he parked infront of my mothers house.

I woke up and thanked him.

"Just give me one second Ill be right back." I told him still feeling tired.

I got Aunesti out the car and I went to get her bags. I started to walk to my mothers front door and knocked.

*knock knock*

"Hello? Oh Laila why are you here?"

"Im here to dropoff your granddaughter, bye. Please dont contact me I wont answer." I said quickly and with a straight face.

She looked at me with a confused face and looked at me like i was crazy.

"Laila what are you talking about, you just gonna leave this baby here?"

"Um yeah, I left the other 2 in Atlanta with they dad so imma leave her here. I never wanted kids and he tried to trap me with 3 so im done and Im not finna keep them."

"Laila you cant just abandon her here." My mother said with worry in her eyes

"Im not abandoning her you have her. Bye momma." I said shrugging my shoulders and walked off of her porch towards the uber.

She shook her head and took Aunesti bags and picked her up. She looked disappointed but I didnt care. It was time to live my life and do whatever I wanted.

———————————————————————

Authors Note-
Short chapterr! Im really motivated about this book right now and I want to stay like that. So tell me how yall feel about it and comment throughout! byee loves 💋