three

Aunesti Love Clarke
12:04pm
August 16, 2018

Baton Rouge

"Hello, I would like to welcome the family and friends of Laila Smith, we are all joined here today to remember our shared loved one Laila..."

Today was the day of my mothers funeral. I didnt feel anything during the service. She was the one who left me at my grandmas house so she could raise me.

I never knew my father or if I had any other family besides my aunt riyah and my uncle axel. They all raised me into who I am today and Im forever grateful.

The only people that were here were women that looked like hoes, and many men that were in their phones the whole time.

Snapping me out of my thoughts, a man that kinda looked like me came to the stand.

"Hello everyone, Im Jabari. Me and Laila were high school sweethearts and after high school we began our family. After a while she began to fall out of love with me and into love with drugs. One day back in 2006 she left our home and moved here with my only daughter."

At this moment, my eyes widened because this man couldve been my father based on what my grandmother told me.

"Sh- she left with my Auni and never came back. She left behind her other 2 sons and fled."

"And speaking of Aunesti, here she is. Front row of the crowd and looking as beautiful as ever."

He began to walk down the stairs and toward me. While he was walking I was still trying to process everything he had just said.

This man is my father.

My mother left my family behind.

Why?

She was an addict.

I have 2 brothers.

Do I have anymore family?

He finally reached me and told touched my hand.

"Auni, Im so glad Ive finally found you. Do you mind if I uh- hug you?"

I immediately got up and hugged him as tight as I could. Tears were falling down my face but I could care less. He was also crying because I heard sniffles coming from him. We were there rocking and hugging for what felt like hours. This hug confirmed everything it felt like I finally found something that I was missing.

Until I sat back down and he went back to his seat because there was no space by me. The funeral continued and I was thinking about how meeting my father would change my life.

After the funeral my dad came up to me and we talked for a while. We just talked about my mother and what happened after she left. We talked about any and everything I could think of.

"So do you have any questions for me, I know this is new so Im here to answer everything."

"Um ok, so about my brothers. How old are they and what are their names?"

"So you have an older brother named Zaire and he is 17, and you actually have a twin brother named Akai and he is 15, obviously."

"Omg, I have a twin brother. Thats so cool.. can I come with you to meet them."

"You would have to talk about that with Miss Solana about that."

"She probably wont let me go until Im 18.. but maybe I can stay for summers or something."

"Yeah Id love that, we can talk to her about it."

"Ok. I need to go check on my nana, auntie, and uncle. Would you like to see them?"

"Yes I would love to. Ian seen them in forever."

"Ok follow me."

I took my dad by the hand and brought him to my aunt, uncle, and nana. I smiled as they caught up with eachother.

"Its nice to see all of yall again, and thank yall for raising my daughter into a beautiful young woman."

"Yeah man ain no prollem, and we didnt have to do much shes a great child." My uncle axel said smiling.

"Oh nana, can i visit my dad during the summers and breaks and stuff."

"Of course baby, me and Jabari will talk about the arrangements so you can go over there during your Thanksgiving break." my nana said smiling.

I went and hugged her and said thank you while my dad was talking to my aunt and uncle. I let go of nana and my dad pulled me aside.

"Ok well Auni I have a flight back home to Atlanta in a few hours so I'll see when you come to visit."

"Ok Ill miss you dad, Ill see you during the break."

"Ok let me see your phone and ill put my number in it and ill send you your brothers aswell."

I gave him my phone and he put in his nunber for me. He put it as "#1 Dad❤️👨‍👧" I smiled and when I texted him so he could get my number. He gave me his phone and I put it in as "My Auni🤍👨‍👧" He smiled when he looked at the name. He hugged me one last time and began walking to his car.

He turned around before he got in his car and said...

"I love you Auni."

I smiled and said...

"I love you too dad."

He smiled at me with his straight, white teeth and got in his car and closed the door.

He drove away and waved. I smiled and waved back, then started walking back towards my nana.

———————————————————————
Authors Note-
Tell me how you feel abt this book so farrrr, and what should happen. Enjoy reading! 💋